All over now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bati

All over now

Post by Bati »

How do you think todays paper went

My dd said at one point she had loads off time left and thought she was doing really well then all of a sudden ran out of time with 3 questions left :cry:
By the sounds off it she slowed down
she said she also had to guess a few :(
I feel sick - she was doing really well at home getting between 90-95% in plenty off time.
I am dreading results day
Pumpkin Pie

Re: All over now

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Hey, don't beat yourself up about it now. What will be will be! Her high scores at home would suggest she is bright, so don't worry. I'm sure she will have done well! Enjoy your DC now the pressure is off. I'm jealous, I've got it all to come next week.

PS: My son left out a whole sheet of VR because he didn't see the last page two years ago but he passed!

Good luck and don't worry! xx
Bati

Post by Bati »

good luck next week

I know i shouldnt worry but i do :(
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

Glad it is all over but feel a bit deflated :( ds didn't get last question done and guessed , which I do not think is to bad but from the sounds of it the rest of the paper did not go well either he found it a lot harder than Tuesday which he found very hard. I always knew that it would have to be at least one paper that was suited to his strengths and I don'think that really happened .....oh well ....onwards and upwards....good luck to everyone else's children :)
Bati

Post by Bati »

debs2028
just remember thinking something is hard does not necessary mean he got them wrong - i have heard of kids saying it was hard and passing and kids saying it was easy and failing
i think its going to be a long 4 weeks waiting for results
good luck to your ds - i hope you both get the results you are after :D
HopefulDen

Post by HopefulDen »

Bati is right
When my eldest DS did the exam a few years back he found the first paper really hard and the second only slightly easier -he passed with an excellent passmark around 95%. This year all of the kids, girls and boys in my son's class thought paper 1 was hard. For paper 1 my lovely boy got blinded by he first question type (his least favourite) and guessed them all! However I'm still hopeful as he was fine today and the two papers are added together so fingers crossed-he's worked hard so what will be will be. If he doesn't pass he'll be really upset for a day or two, disappointed for about a week but then he'll move on as it's old news and they live for the day at that age. Concerned parents will always put something else in place and continue to monitor the kids progress- so don't worry!
Denise J
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

From over in Gloucestershire did agree with all that has been said - my eldest DD said her paper was a nightmare, was pale and anxious afterwards and scored in top 1% in super selective county........
It's impossible to judge how they did so just try to keep busy and keep faith. Our children will all be ok because they have loving, interested parents who believe in them. good luck all. X :D