Another incorrect question Today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Newbie But Stressed

Another incorrect question Today

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

My DS said he had a incorrect question on the paper today anyone had this ?

It was pointed out before they started so the test wasn't stopped. There was a X on the answer sheet.

My son said it was a opposite or compound question so wasn't related to Tuesday's problem.

Question 71,

Any one have the same problem ?

He took the test in his school.
Bati

Re: Another incorrect question Today

Post by Bati »

Its bad isnt it
the head teacher at the girls wirral grammar told us they were informed last night that question 71 was incorrect and they had to put a cross through it
she also told us about question 20 from tuesday
she said that they have been told that both questions will automatically be marked correct for all children
HopefulDen

Post by HopefulDen »

Hiya Newbie
long time no see-here together again-what was the problem on Tuesday? DS came out saying he thought one of the questions was wrong but I didn't believe him-not picked up by the teachers on the day
Denise J
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Hi Denise

yes it's 5 years now :) since daughter took WGS. she has now started 6th Form. So life really flies by...

Only seems like yesterday since I was panicking over her test.

Now its the DS time and same story.

DS didn't get stopped on Tuesday but remembers the question and gave it a guess. He didn't spend too much time on the question Tuesday.

Hopefully all is ok with yours and good luck.

Second time around is not as Stressful for me. Whatever happens, happens :)

Last one now,,, ALL 11 Plus test papers are now in the Rubbish Bin.. It's over :lol:

HopefulDen

Post by HopefulDen »

Yes!
I've just binned loads of stuff-the rest is going to a friend of DS in year 5. Feels great doesn't it. House is generally a tip but this is the start of the clean up and getting back to normality.
Never want to see another verbal reasoning question again
Denise J
miggi

Post by miggi »

The schools headmaster confirmed on Friday that there was an incorrect question on the paper, and that it was crossed out on the exam, and all children will receive 1 mark for it. He also said this has been the first year, for a long time, that there has been some new questions! Best of luck to all. All I can say is that all our kids will do well because we care so much- grammar school or not! :)
Bati

Post by Bati »

New questions - does this mean that they have been using the same exam papers, if so I am shocked :shock:
Surely this would put some kids at an advantage as they might have older siblings who have sat the test and will remember some off the questions. Also if people have had tutors surely over a few years these tutors will have found out from the kids they have tutored what the questions were and would be able to pass this on to the new kids coming through. Also primary schools who's children sit the exam in their own school would also make sure their kids knew the answers. I dont mean telling them the questions but making sure they all learn the correct vocab
miggi

Post by miggi »

My understanding is that there is a bank of questions, and that each year a paper is drawn up using a selection of questions from this bank. As such I don't think any paper is ever duplicated in its entirety.
Joanne1

Post by Joanne1 »

This is the first i have heard of it, my son didn't mention anything so presume his school didn't say anything!! you would think with all the time they have to prepare then mistakes like that wouldn't happen but it must surely be off putting for the child and its stressful enough as it is :(
Davedog10

Post by Davedog10 »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -31953436/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There was a piece about it in the Echo yesterday.
I'm a bit fed up about it, St George's in Wallasey is the biggest feeder school for Calday Grange Grammar, yet I have to read about it in the Echo.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now