11+ Exam stopped half way through at West Kirby???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kittykat92

11+ Exam stopped half way through at West Kirby???

Post by kittykat92 »

Can anyone shed any light on the procedure when this happens??

My DD sat exam today at West Kirby and after 25mins the test was stopped and the girls were told to turn to question :?: and change a word as the question was incorrect!!

The girls werent given extra time at the end and my DD had spent time on this question and was confused over it so took time over it only to be told the question was incorrect!!

I rang Wirral LEA who said the exam was only stopped for 30 seconds which I find this really hard to believe......300 girls aged 10 only take 30 seconds to turn to a different page, change the answer then get back to their original question??? I don't think so!!

Love to hear thoughts on this as I am fuming. :x :x :x
debs2028

Re: 11+ Exam stopped half way through at West Kirby???

Post by debs2028 »

Exam was not stopped at Wirral boys school, surely question will have to be discounted. Not sure what will happen about the time issue though. Cannot believe something was wrong on the paper and not noticed till actual exam, somebody will be in trouble
Debs
kittykat92

Post by kittykat92 »

Yeah I found out that the test wasn't stopped at any other test centres. I just don't know why they would stop one exam without knowing what other test centres were doing?! Its a joke as some kids looked at this question, got confused and were then told the question was wrong but no extra time allocated.....not even 2-3 mins!!
Chrispm123

Post by Chrispm123 »

Hello do you know if this was a question about a sport and 3 people one called Adam one called Holly and one beginning with an s? If so this question caused my son some problems he says. He spent several minutes on this question and in the end had to make a guess. This also meant he was rushed towards the end of the exam and had to guess on a about 5 questions as he was running out of time. It may well be a different question but would be interesting to know. My son mentioned this question to us straight after the test and that he realised that he has spent to long on it. If this is the case how many other children has this caused timing issues to?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

If you have any concerns about how a test was conducted in a specific test centre / school - it is best to report them as soon as possible after the event to whoever runs the tests in your area (school or LEA).

People would find it difficult to use the info at appeal if it is not reported at the time.
Bati

Post by Bati »

i have phoned the wirral Lea and they said they are waiting to hear from the people who set the question
however they have decided they are going to discount this question down to some children being stopped and being told and some not.
I mentioned the time issue over children taking a long time to work it out meaning less time for other questions and they said children would still have been able to work out the answer out without needing to spend longer on the question
hope this helps everybody
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

Ummmm this is their supposition, if the question was ambiguous then children will have spent extra time on it as it will have been confusing. I do not know what question it was I have not asked ds if any questions did not make sense cause to be honest if he talks about the exam, the things he says do not sound like he did well and I would rather just wait for the result
Taunton

Post by Taunton »

My son remembers the sports question and worked it out using a grid. He couldn't remember having to spend much time over it but it was over 24 hours ago!!!!
miggi

Post by miggi »

I believe following posts from Fridays exam, and the error on that paper being Q71 (but paper corrected) that Tuesdays error was Q2O. Does anyone know what king of question this was?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now