1 week to go for Kendrick, any last minute tips anyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sonasona

1 week to go for Kendrick, any last minute tips anyone?

Post by sonasona »

Getting real stressed now, any hints or tips on what we should be doing now. Is it normal for kids to ease off just before the test or are they silently worried?
aliportico

Re: 1 week to go for Kendrick, any last minute tips anyone?

Post by aliportico »

I eased off with my two as it approached (my eldest stopped any prep about a fortnight before in fact!). My only last minute tip would be to just be really careful about answering every question - don't turn over two pages at once or anything awful like that.

Good luck :-)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

We have basically done what we can at this point - far too much homework coming from school to fit much else in.

Good luck everyone
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Thank you both....
I think Dd has taken in as much as she can now and is probably bored too. I feel it's probably right to take a breather now and just touch on techniques here and there up until 1st Oct.

This has been a brilliant site and I'll certainly return to tell you how Dd got on......good luck to all 11+ candidates this year wherever you are.......you all deserve to do well for trying so hard and no doubt you all will go onto better things in the future whatever the outcome!
Kendrick mum

Post by Kendrick mum »

oo eeee this time next week .....
This week i think we will take it easy but ds will be doing some practice to keep levels up.
I'll be glad when its over!
BTW I've told his school teacher ds will not do any projects or hw till after the exam and she has been very supportive.
Good luck to all dc and parents then the wait for the results begin eek not so long this time though!

Just a little worrried abt parking and getting him into Reading boys on the am

Kendrick mum
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Hi Kendrick mum,

Reading Boys is surrounded by residential streets and there is tons of on-street parking both restricted (1-2 hrs) or unrestricted.

You'll be fine....Good luck!
Kendrick mum

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi Sonasona
Thanks for that , just traffic around there is so bad on test day, just hav to get there early!

Good luck to you too
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Just like to add a warning about parking.
On the open evening, as we walked back to the bus stop, traffic wardens were about. Yes, @ 8:15pm, they were circling the area. Obviously knew that Kendrick had an open evening and that some parents would be chancing it. Saw three cars with tickets just one street.

I'm guessing they will also know when exams are and will be out and about.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Yes, there are always traffic wardens around Reading school, morning and afternoon.

Have also spotted a couple of clamping vans about. So plan parking arrangements ahead folks.