Started VR ( & NVR) but would like some advice.

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

YourLifeSuccess YLS

Started VR ( & NVR) but would like some advice.

Post by YourLifeSuccess YLS »

Hi all,

Ok, I posted this in NVR thread, but for good measure, I should ask in the VR thread as well?!

Son just started Year 4. Been doing / using a bit of Bond (in Year 2 & 3) and now started AE (Stephen Curran) VR and NVR series. The plan is to finish AE materials and then move on to GL, then do some test papers and finally do the mocks in Year 5.

Questions;

1. Is this a good strategy? ( He is aiming for Sutton & Kingston GS ) .

Or should I be

a) looking at other materials or
b). adjust / change my strategy? (I know tests could change by 2015 , so opinion will be appreciated).

2. Also, do we now use Letts new versions (i.e giraffe picture in front etc) and forget the GL old editions?

Same questions for VR (also using AE now) , or do I have to re-post this in VR thread?

Sorry if these have been answered before, I did try to search with uncertain results.

Thank you.

YLS
YourLifeSuccess YLS

Re: Started VR ( & NVR) but would like some advice.

Just found this; http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... -and-letts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

YourLifeSuccess YLS wrote:Just found this; http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... -and-letts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes - this is a link to something at the top of this page :roll:
YourLifeSuccess YLS

Lol, thanks hermanmunster, I know it is, what I meant is those who are very new / just starting on this website like me wouldn't have known this article exist (as an answer to my question no 2 above, hence I highlighted it here. Unless you mean something else?

YLS
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

YLS,
There is quite a bit of advice in the links at the top of the page - on a great variety of topics related to the 11 plus, (we even have a late started section - should anyone need it!!) I think quite a lot of people do manage to find the advice when they look at the website and I am delighted that you have found it as well.

If everyone who find a link starts posting it onto the forum it gets very clogged up! Tends to be better to use the links to stuff on the forum when people specifically have a problem rather than producing a directory for each school....

you have plenty of time before 2015 so might be worth reading through old threads about the schools you are interested in as there is plenty of advice there about schedules and how to start...Yoyo posted some info on one of the other threads
YourLifeSuccess YLS

Thanks. Some serious policing with tense annoyed tone... Are you one of the moderator , administrator, owner, founder of this website?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I am one of the moderators, just trying to avoid you repeating all the work done previously on the website / forum.

PS do you mean to post in bold all the time?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

herman is one of the Moderators - we are the green people. :mrgreen:

When we are ticking you off we post in "Mod blue". Otherwise we are just giving you advice as normal mortals. Well, nearly normal ...

(Cross post with hermie.)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Sally-Anne wrote: Well, nearly normal ...
really ? :lol: :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well, I don't have bolts ... :D