Perceptive or paranoid?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
alicegreen

Perceptive or paranoid?

Post by alicegreen »

Tongue in cheek because I KNOW I'm paranoid!

My daughters teacher asked to speak with me on yesterday saying she had been refusing to work, and that if we needed evidence for appeal there would be nothing to show!

Of course I'm now convinced they have the results and she's not passed. :roll:

Coupled with the fact that she suddenly announced last week she thinks she failed the maths paper...( was always her worst subject ranging from 25/50 to 37/50 in practise papers)

I'll be so glad when the waiting is over! :evil:
anotherworriedmum

Re: Perceptive or paranoid?

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Oh no you have my sympathy. Its so easy to read something into teachers glances and comments isn't it. Realistically I am hoping that it's a little bit early for the school to know yet.

I did count up the days of waiting yesterday though, how sad is that!
GPmum

Post by GPmum »

How long is it then AWM??

Can't come soon enough.............. :!:
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Well last night when I worked it out it was 22 days but now its only 21! 3 weeks today. Well only 2 weeks, 6 days and about 20 hours :shock:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it is difficult in areas where the schools know early and the heads can ask for review ... every comment and every look is analysed! I think some of the schools take in ALL the kids books so it is not apparent whose books are being looked at....

Good luck and hope you have some fingernails left in 3 weeks...!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think the results might be in , as something happened at school today which both DS and another girl picked up on ...coming to the same conclusion. There was I thinking DS was oblivious to the whole thing ! Bang goes my plan at keeping the big day secret and analysing the results first !

P.S Do you think , here in Kent , we hold the record for producing the most threads about the same topic ? :P Pheasantchick will let us know...she's Statistics Lady :P
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I knew my O-level in statitsics would come in useful for something! :lol:

What was the incidence at school? Tell all - you can't keep us in suspense.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Yes, do tell, I`m intrigued too.

I did hear somewhere the HTs knew the results from today too :cry:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Well, DS told me his teacher was called out of the room to discuss something very important with the Head and when she came back in, apparently she gave DS and another girl a smile and a sort of " excited wiggle " .Both thought it was about the results . DD said perhaps it was a sympathetic smile because he hadn't passed and then gave us an example :lol: . Obviously the children are as paranoid and perceptive as us !! Not sure if DS is playing along with what I want to hear..so shall reserve judgement until ..errr..judgement day !
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

anotherworriedmum wrote:Its so easy to read something into teachers glances and comments isn't it.
Oh my goodness! That brings back a painful moment!

When I collected DS1 from school on Results Day he handed me the envelope and I said: "Let's get this Howler [as in Harry Potter] home and open it." :roll:

The Head was standing right next to me when I said it, and of course he had already seen the results. I saw a momentary flicker in his expression and at that moment I knew ... :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now