Nearly here yikes!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ljg2006

Nearly here yikes!!!

Post by ljg2006 »

Creeping up ever nearer and wonder how many other parents are looking forward to it all being over. My daughter is due to sit entrance exam next Saturday to hopefully go to NHGS.

I really wonder how she's going to manage with all three tests back to back and really wish this was the mock and still had till December as in normal years so would have some feedback before the biggy!We have been doing two maths papers, a story and a VR paper per week for last few months . I considered doing a mock test in June but at that time she was struggling with finishing papers in time and I didn't want to knock her confidence so held off putting her in for it. With the extra practice now she has been completing the papers in the time frame but I am concerned she is not going to know what's hit her with all the tests one after another.

Eeks well guess the wait will be soon be over !!
mitasol

Re: Nearly here yikes!!!

Post by mitasol »

Hi ljg2006,

It sounds like you are very well prepared. I think I only managed to get mine to sit VR and Maths back to back once or twice and we never did all three.

It is a pity that the PTA are no longer running the mock test as it was very reassuring to have a dry run. In other areas the PTA have continued to run mocks - so perhaps the PTA can be persuaded to reinstate the mocks in the future. Possibly it could be a fund-raising opportunity?

I think the test day passes very fast and the children don't have time to worry too much. Hopefully, the new timing of the test cuts down on all the stressful waiting. Good luck to your DD.
ljg2006

Post by ljg2006 »

Thanks Mitasol n like you say one major bonus of the way they are doing the test now will be a lot shorter waiting time for results.

I bet in future years the PTA will plan a mock, think the timings of this year probably crept up on them as well- dont know where this year has gone!!

Thanks for your good luck wish for DD, she is so laidback about the whole thing its untrue(mind u still time to have a wobble) but I have been stressing how good the second choice school is incase she doesn't pass don't know if I've overdone it lol!

Well time will tell, thanks again and will keep you posted.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Well time will tell, thanks again and will keep you posted.
Yes please do - there are lots of changes this year. Hopefully it will work out better. :)
panicmum

Post by panicmum »

Hi ljg2006,

I for one cannot wait for this to be over, all been well my DD hopefully will go to NHGS as well.We did manage to do a mock this year and hopefully this will give her more confidence in the real exam, glad to hear you have good second choice school, not too sure for us…..
FaxFan

Post by FaxFan »

why would the PTAs no longer offer Mocks?? thought these would be real money spinners for someone :shock:
ljg2006

Post by ljg2006 »

Hi panicmum, didn't know a mock was on in September or would have given that a whirl, like you say would have been good for confidence and for my dd to understand what structure of day will be like. I feel ridiculously unprepared don't even know whether she takes her own pencils etc or if they r provided and can she take a drink and snack?? I was wondering if this information comes with test information from school or can anyone fill me in ?
panicmum

Post by panicmum »

Hi,as far as I know you can take clear pencil case with ruler, 2 pencils and a rubber not sure about drinks and snacks. I hear the letters with all information will arrive by this weekend.
ljg2006

Post by ljg2006 »

Thank you will stop worrying and wait for the letter then sure all will be revealed.

I can't wait for next Saturday night, with large glass/ bottle of wine in hand and know its all over and done with.
panicmum

Post by panicmum »

Same here! Instead I'll be having a large cup of coffee :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now