Notification of results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stroudydad

Notification of results

Post by stroudydad »

Today we have received a letter from SHS stating that it has been decided all results will be notified by post.
pixiequeen

Re: Notification of results

Post by pixiequeen »

stroudydad, is that as well as by email, or instead of? Not our turn till next year but was relieved by thought of getting results by email as had agonising wait for postman last time.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

This is the info on the registration website:

Gloucestershire Grammar Schools

Entrance Tests for admission into Year 7 in September 2013
Welcome to the On-Line Registration system for the above Entrance Tests.

If you use the on-line registration system you will automatically receive your child’s results by email.

If you wish to receive your child’s results by letter then you will need to request a paper registration form from the school where you would like your child to sit the tests. You will need to return the form (duly completed) to the same school.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

We did get a letter from Pates & SHS as well as the email last year despite not requesting one. Only had emails from Ribston and HSFG.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

It cites possible problems with getting emails out on time so it has been decided to use post instead.
Glossymum

Post by Glossymum »

Yes, we got that letter too. Can't understand why the system is capable of letters but unable to email? Surely emails are more reliable than waiting for the post system.

Does anyone know if that means the letters should arrive in the Saturday post or Mondays?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

We never get a Saturday post...
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

stroudydad wrote:We never get a Saturday post...
Send yourself something guaranteed next-day delivery on Friday. Then, if there is any post from the school, it will arrive with it.

Worked for me a couple of years ago, when we lived in the sticks and the postmen usually bundled Saturday deliveries with Monday's...
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

PaterGloucester wrote:
stroudydad wrote:We never get a Saturday post...
Send yourself something guaranteed next-day delivery on Friday. Then, if there is any post from the school, it will arrive with it.

Worked for me a couple of years ago, when we lived in the sticks and the postmen usually bundled Saturday deliveries with Monday's...
Good idea! ... worth trying and if it does should be included in the "hints for 11 plus results day"
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Oh gosh! If anyone does try this please let us know. I feel sick everytime I think about the panic I got in racing down to the sorting office to get our letters (year before last) . I was in such a state by the time I got my hands on them I could barely focus well enough to read them! :roll: DD2 is not doing the test till next year and I am already contemplating taking the week inbetween the test and the results off work so I can drink too much and hide under the duvet.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now