What information will we get re results of Bexley 11+?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fingerscrossedmum

What information will we get re results of Bexley 11+?

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

We were so focussed on the blasted exams, I suddenly realised I dont actually know what the results letter will actually say:!:

We are OOB if that makes any difference.

Anyone know what to expect please?

Thanks
christmasbonus

Re: What information will we get re results of Bexley 11+?

Post by christmasbonus »

Hi - going back 2 years, if memory isn't playing tricks - the info you get states whether your child has passed,and if they are among the top 180 scorers that is also given, their actual mark is given as well as the pass mark, and the mark required to be in the top 180. Hope that makes some sort of sense! All sounds confused but it makes sense when you get the bit of paper!!
christmasbonus

Post by christmasbonus »

PS - info is the same whether you are in borough or OOB.
Fingerscrossedmum

Thank you.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Not long now. We get the results a week on Thursday :shock:

Are you in catchment for any of the Bexley Grammars Fingerscrossedmum or would you need a top 180 score? C&S has some out as far as us the last few years and I know of a few DCs there who are very happy.
Greenwichman

Post by Greenwichman »

Quite a few kids from Charlton got into C&S this Sept. It's a good way away !
Last edited by Greenwichman on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fingerscrossedmum

We're in Bromley and hoping for C&S. We're about 4 miles away and I think the catchment last year was 6.1 so hopeful (assuming he passes of course!)

I'm pretty sure he wont be top 180 (although very happy to be proved wrong :D )

The feedback from DS and and a few friend's DS's was that the tests, partic VR, were easier than they expected. Not sure if that is false confidence (something he is very good at) or good preparation.

Good luck to everyone waiting for next Thursday
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

Fingerscrossedmum wrote:We're in Bromley and hoping for C&S. We're about 4 miles away and I think the catchment last year was 6.1 so hopeful (assuming he passes of course!)

The feedback from DS and and a few friend's DS's was that the tests, partic VR, were easier than they expected. Not sure if that is false confidence (something he is very good at) or good preparation.

Hopefully, DS will prove you wrong. Many OOB should target C&S as it is not the first choice for many in Bexley even some living in Sidcup.
BGS, TG, Beths and C&S. Some living in Bexleyheat and Crayford go for Dartford boys and girls. if your DS scale the hurdles, a place is waiting if not in March maybe in April
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

Fingerscrossedmum wrote:We're in Bromley and hoping for C&S. We're about 4 miles away and I think the catchment last year was 6.1 so hopeful (assuming he passes of course!)

Most of the children said the same but the results over the years have not reflected the children's comments and feedback
christmasbonus

Post by christmasbonus »

I must admit when DS took his I was so anxious about the whole thing I purposely asked absolutely no questions!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now