Me: "Mmmmmmm yeah, if you want."

Fast forward 6 months or so.

Me: "So, when do we get to know about your french exchange student?"

DD: "On Tuesday."

Tuesday arrives.

Me: "Don't forget to let me know who you've got."

DD: " I got a boy - he's in sixth form."

Me: "Gulp."

I think school have just made my DD the most popular girl in 4th form atm.

Me, I'm panicking at how we are going to entertain him.

DD is currently taking requests for sleepovers from her friends for the 10 days duration :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, peeps, how do we entertain him and more importantly, what do we feed him?????? :roll:
agathachristie

Re: OMG - What Have I Done???????????

Post by agathachristie »

Oh my!!!
andyb

Post by andyb »

Snowdrops wrote:So, peeps, how do we entertain him and more importantly, what do we feed him?????? :roll:
Link up with other host families for excursions, visit the nearest city, country walks/bike rides, PS2. He could mow the law/creosote the fence/redecorate a room :wink:. Feed him anything but lots of it! Add potatoes/bread rolls/pasta etc to every meal! My DS's snack between meals on breakfast cereal either with or without milk.

He'll probably be 5'2", weigh barely 8 stone, love playing chess or monopoly and you'll wonder what you were worrying about!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I would say feed him anything & everything - he will probably have a huge appetite! Let's just hope he doesn't have an appetite for DD or her friends! What a strange mismatch!

Seriously though, I'm sure he will be great and will just want to do the same things as any teenager - bowling etc? Probably won't be so keen on an afternoon shopping!
scary mum
mystery

Post by mystery »

Are you sure he is on a French exchange? :idea:

I thought individual exchanges like that stopped years ago at most schools and instead it's all these group visits where no-one speaks the foreign language at all.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Snails & frogs legs :) ???!! Good Luck!!!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

I wouldn't worry about entertaining him. Sounds like DD has already got that sorted with the sleepovers. Poor lad is going to be exhausted! Lots of French bread with fried mushrooms, cream and parsley. Yum.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Halemum wrote:I wouldn't worry about entertaining him. Sounds like DD has already got that sorted with the sleepovers. Poor lad is going to be exhausted! Lots of French bread with fried mushrooms, cream and parsley. Yum.
No, no (non, non!). Lots of roast beef with the Yorkshire pud first to fill him up! When does he arrive, Snowdrops?
scary mum
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

He arrives on 28th October :D

Our school exchanges with a private school in the south of France :shock:

We have organised a day trip to London with another school friend/exchange student.

We are also trying to get tickets for a footie match of some sort.

Lots of local outings planned (taking into consideration his likes/dislikes - gleaned from email contact shortly).

If we get really stuck, we have a native french speaker who lives next door, although we did consider, last night, talking to him in broad Yorkshire and seeing how he gets on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fish and chips and Indian food are on the menu for definite :D
chocolate

Post by chocolate »

How funny - I'm amazed they mix girls with boys - can't believe there's not some weird health and safety rule about that!!!! Look forward to hearing how you get on. I hope he's nothing like my 16 year old son, he'll eat you out of house and home !!!!!! :lol: