Good Luck for First Bucks Paper (04/10/12)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sonia

Good Luck for First Bucks Paper (04/10/12)

Post by Sonia »

Good Luck to all going for Bucks first paper in the morning !!

I hope all that prep , hard word by the kids (and especially parents) will win the day!!

Sonia
Macondo

Re: Good Luck for First Bucks Paper (04/10/12)

Post by Macondo »

Hi Sonia, thanks for the good wishes!!
All the best to all other children (and parents) as well.
It is going to be a looooooooooong day today!
Crazy-mum

Post by Crazy-mum »

Yes so true it's really long day ....
lubib

Post by lubib »

my son was a bit nervous last night and today. I calmed him down by asking him to treat it as any mock or familiarization test he has done previuosly. That seems to have calmed him down a bit. He has after school football club today so I will not be hearing from him until after 4:40pm.

If anybody gets feedback from their kids please share.

regards
lubib
While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

lubib wrote:If anybody gets feedback from their kids please share.
Just a reminder not to post any information about the content of the test. There are huge numbers of children who will be taking the test at half term, and there will be late tests right up until next July.

Sally-Anne
new to all this

Post by new to all this »

Best lof luck to all the Bucks children ( and their families) taking the first 11 plus exam today. It is hard to believe the big day is here. Please can I join Sally Anne in asking everyone to keep any details about the exam content off the forum. All the children deserve a level playing field, posting the information online gives out of county candidates a significant advantage.
Manny0311

Post by Manny0311 »

Sonia

Thanks you for those thoughful kind words. And yes...Good Luck to all and parents.

I shall be there picking up DS from school this afternoon hoping to hear good feelings.

Good luck all !

Manny
FeelingSick

Post by FeelingSick »

Left a very wan and tearful little girl at school this morning.

Hopefully she's just been putting all this on for me and will buckle down in the test.

"Don't worry, sweetheart, it doesn't matter if you pass or not, you'll be fine," but even so, can't help feeling that if she could only get through this it would be akin to winning the lottery.

As a result have been in a pathetic state all day. Not in the mood for hearing they still haven't found poor little April Jones.

Ah well, thinking of her makes me realise things could be so much worse.
rainbow1

Post by rainbow1 »

You are right Macondo and Crazy mum....it's been a long day :( Thank goodness for the Forum, where you can read comments from like minded people - it just reminds you that you are not alone. Before you know it they will be home, and then the fun begins...asking questions to find out how it all went, without it turning into a full-scale interrogation. Can we have a list of questions please Patricia! :)
StacatoMum

Post by StacatoMum »

Hi Rainbow1,

I remember my DS's comment yesterday saying "I bet you mum will have endless number of questions when she picks me up." That actually stumped me... I had to tell him forget about me- don't even try to remember questions for my sake- just concentrate on the exam.

I wonder if I could hold myself from interrogating him later-hahaha, he knows me so much.

StacatoMum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now