DHSB results are coming!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

twinmum2001

DHSB results are coming!

Post by twinmum2001 »

Just spoken to Admissions officer- Sarah Nicholson at DHSB and she assured me that the boys results are going in the post today (5th)- being sent first class.

Good Luck all!
nezumi

Re: DHSB RESULTS ARE COMING!!!

Post by nezumi »

Os if the post messes up we have to wait until Monday?

You would have thought they could have coordinated for boys and girls to get them on the same day.

Oh well, good luck!
nezumi

Post by nezumi »

Thanks for ringing btw!
twinmum2001

Post by twinmum2001 »

No probs- had to do something, suspense is killing me!

We just want to know that both our boys have both A'S or both B's, not sure how I will cope if they are one with A and one with B!!

TORTUOUS!
Beckii330

Post by Beckii330 »

twinmum2001 wrote:No probs- had to do something, suspense is killing me!

We just want to know that both our boys have both A'S or both B's, not sure how I will cope if they are one with A and one with B!!

TORTUOUS!
Are you sure that's how the results are coming? Because some ladies have posted copies of the council letters for DHSG and they just give the score plus the highest and lowest to give an indication. Would it not be the same for all GS in Plymouth?
nezumi

Post by nezumi »

The head said the letter will say either an indicative pass (place or on the waiting list) or fail, which may be expressed as A vs B I guess. I think the format is different between the girls and boys schools because DHSB is in charge of its own admissions? Something like that anyway.

Yes sympathies there twinmum. Ignore this if it is meaningless but was one of your sons Zeus?
Beckii330

Post by Beckii330 »

nezumi wrote:The head said the letter will say either an indicative pass (place or on the waiting list) or fail, which may be expressed as A vs B I guess. I think the format is different between the girls and boys schools because DHSB is in charge of its own admissions? Something like that anyway.
Thank you for the reply, yes, that would make sense. I'm just getting myself worked up reading the DHSG threads!
twinmum2001

Post by twinmum2001 »

nezumi wrote:The head said the letter will say either an indicative pass (place or on the waiting list) or fail, which may be expressed as A vs B I guess. I think the format is different between the girls and boys schools because DHSB is in charge of its own admissions? Something like that anyway.

Yes sympathies there twinmum. Ignore this if it is meaningless but was one of your sons Zeus?
My understanding is also that DHSB are in charge of their admissions, with PCC facilitating. Rather than girls grammar schools are not in charge of their admission decisions at all- that is PCC.

And no he might think he is a god, but unfortunately for him he is not!
nezumi

Post by nezumi »

Although the boys format of results is still annoying in that you don't know for sure whether you have a place it's probably more helpful than just having a range?

:mrgreen: Someone else has the twin issue as well then! Must make it that much tricker, but will be great for them if they both get in to go together.
Beckii330

Post by Beckii330 »

nezumi wrote:Although the boys format of results is still annoying in that you don't know for sure whether you have a place it's probably more helpful than just having a range?

:mrgreen: Someone else has the twin issue as well then! Must make it that much tricker, but will be great for them if they both get in to go together.
I'm a little worried if we get a B then as I only have one other school in mind, at least if it's an A (even if it's a fail) we'd still get the 2nd choice. So stressful.