new statistic for wggs and wbgs

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thumbelina

new statistic for wggs and wbgs

Post by thumbelina »

with the reintroduction of the cross sibling rule...i was wondering if it will be possible for future entry years to get the numbers of siblings from within the watford area separated from the numbers of siblings gaining entry from outside of watford area (by outside i mean their address at year 7 1st day of school).

the distance proximity figure on the wonderful and hugely informative statistics will probably go down to a constant approx 18 and as most children in future years will probably gain entry on the basis of being a sibling i think that particular statistic would be noteworthy. sorry.

even the number of children gaining entry on account of a parent working at either school would be cool too.

if its not possible thats ok.
decaff

Re: new statistic for wggs and wbgs

Post by decaff »

Presumably under the Freedon Of Information Act this information could be obtained if requested.
WP

Re: new statistic for wggs and wbgs

Post by WP »

thumbelina wrote:with the reintroduction of the cross sibling rule...i was wondering if it will be possible for future entry years to get the numbers of siblings from within the watford area separated from the numbers of siblings gaining entry from outside of watford area (by outside i mean their address at year 7 1st day of school).
The lowest score and fartherest distance to gain entry are pieces of information that are already produced by the allocation process, but this wouldn't be. To work this out, someone would have to go through the list of allocated siblings, look up the start-of-term address of each one, and compare their postcode with the inner and outer catchments. That would be quite a bit of work, which I wouldn't want to ask for. Also, if the amount of work to gather the requested information is above a certain threshold, that would be grounds for refusing an FoI request.
thumbelina wrote:even the number of children gaining entry on account of a parent working at either school would be cool too.
The schools and the county already publish the number admitted under each criterion, so that will include a category for children of staff, as it did when they had such criteria a few years ago.