Parking on test day at SHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Glossymum

Parking on test day at SHS

Post by Glossymum »

Does anyone have any good tips on where to park for stroud high on Saturday? Is there any short cut walking route through from Stratford park? Don't want to be getting stressed looking for somewhere to park....
neveragain*

Re: Parking on test day at SHS

Post by neveragain* »

My DD goes to SHS. I think parking at the big Tesco and then walking to beards lane past the park and college a good bet - bit of fresh air and time to relax a bit x
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Homebase, Car park by tricorn? I the alley behind tesco straight onto cainscross road
Glossymum

Post by Glossymum »

Thanks, hadn't realised you could short cut through from Stratford road into beards lane. Some fresh air sounds like a good idea. :)
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Glossymum wrote:Thanks, hadn't realised you could short cut through from Stratford road into beards lane. Some fresh air sounds like a good idea. :)
Make sure your daughter doesn't get squished on the Level Crossing (though hundreds of children use it every day).

Seriously, though, avoid Cainscross Road. I've taken 30 mins by car to get along it on 11+ day. There is a large free public car park behind the Fortune Chip Shop at Cainscross if you're coming from the west or south. North would be either Stratford Park or Tesco car parks (never seen clampers at the latter). From the east I'd suggest the large council car park to the south of the station. All are about 10 mins walk away from the schools. Leave plenty of time - arrive early - you don't want your child being flustered because they've had to run to get to the school on time.
Capers
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

In years to come they may be able to use the canal...
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

See you all at tesco then. :-)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

For future reference, the traffic/ parking situation was very good at SHS this year, they had staff conducting the traffic around beards lane. Saw no jams at all.