Post match analysis

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PaterGloucester

Post match analysis

Post by PaterGloucester »

"It was a game of two halves, Barry"

My son reports the first paper as being the more difficult of the two, but otherwise no surprises.

Anyone have any comments ?
mum23*

Re: Post match analysis

Post by mum23* »

Looks like they gave the harder paper first then like they did last year. Do enjoy all your treats today folks.
curlylocks

Post by curlylocks »

Same here, didn't finish the first, finished the second. DC thought papers were a bit harder than practice ones but "still enjoyed it"!

Sauntered out as if no cares in the world whereas I'd spent the three hours varying between snivelling on the phone to my mum and being a nervous wreck

Off out for a well deserved lunch now
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

She came out smiling, that's good enough for me
Ellen-Jane

Post by Ellen-Jane »

DS says the first paper was 85 questions in 45 mins and the second 80 questions in 50 mins, and the first one was harder. He had to guess a few at the end of the first paper. Also, I wish he hadn't told me that he had to go to the toilet in the middle of the second paper! Meaning he had to guess the last few on that paper, too. :oops: Do you think he's just failed on common sense?
Superflygirl

Post by Superflygirl »

Ellen-Jane my son missed 20 paper one last year and around 10 paper 2 and still managed to get a GS offer. Fingers crossed x
Ellen-Jane

Post by Ellen-Jane »

Thanks, Superflygirl. He's hoping for a Tommies place, not Pates, so I really hope it wasn't too critical. Just wish he hadn't told me...
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Ds 2 said the same thing. First paper harder, second one not too bad. He missed the last 3 on first paper and completed the second. He was totally relaxed before and after which was a good thing. Thats it, all of the hard work is over, they have done their best now we just wait and see.
Good luck to all of them, I hope that they all get the result that they want.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Ellen Jane, Didnt finish either paper last year, got a SAS in the 230s DD Guessed about fifteen today. just wait and see. You may be pleasantly surprised
Perplexed 2009

Post by Perplexed 2009 »

DD left about the last 15 out. And didn't try to guess those last 15 either. Both her and the boy opposite her didn't complete the first paper. Just finished the second paper, which they both found easier. Very smiley at end. No dramas in her classroom. The school seemed to enable it to run smoothly. I was overwhelmed by the hordes of people, like a scene from a film: people coming from every direction.