Changes to Bexley and Kent 11+ test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
METINSOLO

Changes to Bexley and Kent 11+ test

Post by METINSOLO »

Hi all
I am new to this forum but have been lurking for a while and is extremely informative. I have a DS who will be taking the test next year and we been working towards it however i have heard rumours around my DS school that changes are going to be made to the Bexley and Kent 11+ by next year. Is this true and if so what kind of changes are they likely to be. I would appreciate it if someone can shed some light.
Thank you.
yoyo123

Re: Changes to Bexley and Kent 11+ test

Post by yoyo123 »

I've not heard anything about Kent test changing
christmasbonus

Post by christmasbonus »

I have mentioned in a couple of other posts on the Bexley forum that I read in the Secondary Schools booklet for 2013 entry, in the section on selection tests, that a review was taking place for the 2013 tests. This info is right at the end of the section on selection tests. It does not mention there what changes may take place, however having searched the Bexley Council website it seems they may be looking at administrative changes eg. opting in instead of opting out, tests not being taken in primary schools, plus other things are mentioned like (I think) there being more links between primary and secondary schools. I don't think anything official has been published yet though.
METINSOLO

Post by METINSOLO »

Thank you yoyo123 and christmas bonus
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

DS mentioned that his teacher told the whole class that literacy would be much more important in the Bexley 11+ from now on. Would be interesting to know if the content of the test will be changing or not.

I'd also heard that Bexley was considering an opt-in system and moving out of primary schools to test centres.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

My understanding is that Bexley are indeed looking at a new test for use with effect from September 2013. I think/hope they are looking for a test which will be more effective at selecting the brightest children.
rosehulk

Post by rosehulk »

Non vr?
Where did u get this understanding?
andherewegoagain

Post by andherewegoagain »

The four grammars in Bexley are in discussion as now they are academies Bexley council have told them they will have to foot testing bill! They are looking at the Kent test as they do not feel the current Bexley vr and maths is all round enough.
METINSOLO

Post by METINSOLO »

Thank you all for your feedback. I just hope what ever changes it will not be done at the last minute and end up throwing us that have been woking with our DCs.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now