Bati

upton hall results

Post by Bati »

How did everyones dd get on
Hope there is lots off happy girls today :D
JFKpippin

Re: upton hall results

Post by JFKpippin »

Hi, my daughter passed but does anyone have any idea what the marks mean? I know 236 is the passmark but what is it out of and how is it adjusted for age?
Bati

Post by Bati »

Congratulations to your daughter
My daughter also passed :D
I think it just means you can apply for that school. They allocate to catholic children 1st then other children which I think is done by distance. So as long as the child has passed then it doesn't matter by how much
Bati

Post by Bati »

Forgot to say I think its out of 280.
Now idea how it was adjusted to age
Wirralian

Post by Wirralian »

JFKpippin wrote:Hi, my daughter passed but does anyone have any idea what the marks mean? I know 236 is the passmark but what is it out of and how is it adjusted for age?
I think it's great that you no longer have to wait until March to find out the result - it was absolute purgatory - we went through it twice :x . Congratulations and best wishes to all who have been successful! :D
Bati

Post by Bati »

I think i would off had a nervous breakdown if i had to wait till march :shock:

we are still waiting for wirral results :( we should find them out in 2 weeks

we really like upton hall however there is no bus from where we live so would prefer wirral grammar, hoping she has passed this one as well.

Has any of your children gone to upton hall - if so are they enjoying the school - how do you find it
fedup2012

Post by fedup2012 »

Has anyone got any help for me dd narrowly missed pass mark and is desperate for a place at Upton Hall one paper was marked a lot lower than other, not sure if it was nerves? 2nd paper was way above pass mark

Not taken 11+ as dd had her heart set on Upton. Anyone been through an appeal that could give us some advice? Is there any hope?
Bati

Post by Bati »

sorry to hear about your dd results it must be heart breaking for you both.
The reason there will be quite a difference between both papers is because they were worth different amounts

Paper 1 had 75 questions
paper 2 had 85 questions

If your dd only missed passing by 1 or 2 points then it is worth getting in touch with the school and finding out about appeals
good luck
Bati

Post by Bati »

dont know if this will help or not but going on total score of 280 i work out that paper 1 (75 questions) top score would be 131 and paper 2 (85 questions) top score 149
i have worked this out by 280 divided by 160 = 1.75
1.75 x 75 = 131 (paper 1)
1.75 x 85 = 149 (paper 2)

I could be completly wrong though