Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NASA

Queen Mary's results

Post by NASA »

Hi all

Received an email from QM...

Publication of results by Queen Mary’s Grammar School
We are aiming to send out results first class post by the middle of next week (week commencing 8th October 2012). We recommend parents wait to receive the results before completing Preference Forms. This will allow you two weeks to complete and submit the Preference Form to your home Local Authority. We will put a notice on our website to confirm the day results have been posted.

Not long now!!!
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: Queen Mary's results

Post by DIY Mum »

There was a hint of this on their webpage under the FAQs for Admissions.

So this should also be the same timing for WGS? Anyone remember what their qualifying score was for last year?
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Have a look here.
vza

Post by vza »

I think for last year exam:

844 applicants took the test with last offer made to candidate rank 201. SD score calculated for rank 201 is about 110.4.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Thank-you both very much.

Just wondering, does Walsall et al exam give equal weighting for all the sections or is it similar to the weighting used in B'ham?
vza

Post by vza »

I think it is equal weighting for all three sections of Eng/VR, Maths and NVR.
MSD

Post by MSD »

I believe they just add up the raw marks for both papers and then standardize as a whole. This is unlike the 2 way standardization KE Birmingham consortium employs and 3 way standardization Warwickshire uses.

So in terms of weighting it really depends on how many total questions appeared in English, Maths and NVR and how many marks were allocated to each question.

MSD
houseful

Post by houseful »

Spoke to QM boys today regarding the emails being sent out to parents.

I was told that emails were sent out to those who provided email addresses ( I did, yet received nothing). A further 200 letters were posted on Friday to update the remaining parents about the posting out of results. (Which has also not yet been received)

What a waste of resources, why not just update the website. :?: :?

I recall not receiving the letter detailing the time and arrangments for the exam this year until I rang the school and a duplicate was sent out. My DD also sat the QM exam 2 yrs ago and until today have received no correspondence from them about her result.

I hope we get results on time this time round, but experience suggests otherwise :roll:
MSD

Post by MSD »

There is note on QM Walsall website that letters will be posted by first class from school on Friday.

MSD
equation

Post by equation »

Trouble with first class post is that it cannot guarantee next day delivery.
Admissions will post out the letters on the 12th so as to fulfill their contractual obligations - i.e. a few lucky applicants (not us obviously) will receive their mail on the 12th with the majority receiving theirs on the 15th.
Anyway, what's a couple of days' (agonising) wait matter? :roll: