Countdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
andherewegoagain

Countdown

Post by andherewegoagain »

Hello - I have been lurking on this forum for a LONG while!! DS1 is now in year 8 at Chis & Sid and yes I lurked then too!

DD1 has sat exams and this wait for results is absolutely killing me, I thought I would be more laid back but is even harder the second time around :(

Only 9 days to go ....... I might have liver failure by then!!
Fingerscrossedmum

Re: Countdown

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

I'll hold your hand!

The days do seem to be going veryyyyyyyyyy slooooooooooooowly - it doesnt help that our post is totally erratic at the moment, nothing for 2 days and then 14 letters!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I can hardly bear to think about opening that letter. I agree it's so much worse second time around andherewegoagain. I was very naive about the whole process with DD and barely gave the results a second thought. Thankfully I've got quite a busy week ahead which will hopefully take my mind off the impending envelope. Or maybe not....... :?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

3 more sleeps...

Does anyone know if the primary schools already know the results?
pixiedust101

Post by pixiedust101 »

bondgirl wrote:3 more sleeps...

Does anyone know if the primary schools already know the results?

Scary stuff! We've got Bexley results on Thursday, Newstead on Saturday and Kent the following Wednesday!

When do the Olaves results come out?

And do you know if it is true you can tell if it is a pass by the reference in the address window?!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Hi pixiedust

St Olave's results are also on Saturday. I almost had heart failure last Friday, as a self-addressed envelope arrived in the post which I thought was the St O's results a week early. I then remembered it was a letter from DS who was away all week on a school trip. Phew!

Re knowing the results from the reference in the address window, there was certainly an "S" for Selective 2 years ago for DD on the Bexley results letter. I think there was a thread about this last year, and other posters said there was an "N" for non-selective and a "T" for Top 180 (I think). That said, I will have no qualms about opening the results myself. They are addressed to the parent after all and I would want to be prepared if it's not good news.

What are you planning to do pixiedust?
pixiedust101

Post by pixiedust101 »

I'm with you - I'm opening the letters - want to have the right face prepared should it not go our way! I've alreasy told my DD that passing is not a certainty - that it is all top table kids who took the tests, but no matter what I am so very proud of her for even trying!

Just wish they would send them early - I work nights so just know I'm not going to sleep Thursday!!
andherewegoagain

Post by andherewegoagain »

I'm hoping letter comes by 10am (post usually does) as me and DD1 are off to a open morning at local comp at 10.05 and I REALLY REALLY would like to know where we stand before I go. Aaa argh the timing the timing..............
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

bondgirl wrote:Hi pixiedust

St Olave's results are also on Saturday. I almost had heart failure last Friday, as a self-addressed envelope arrived in the post which I thought was the St O's results a week early. I then remembered it was a letter from DS who was away all week on a school trip. Phew!

Re knowing the results from the reference in the address window, there was certainly an "S" for Selective 2 years ago for DD on the Bexley results letter. I think there was a thread about this last year, and other posters said there was an "N" for non-selective and a "T" for Top 180 (I think). That said, I will have no qualms about opening the results myself. They are addressed to the parent after all and I would want to be prepared if it's not good news.

Thank God you did not have heart attack but I cannot stop laughing. This forum has become my therapy centre now reading parents comments. We are hoping for the best. I have got two good scores already from Medway hopefully the Bexley and Kent will be good as well. The next twenty four hours are more stressful and panicking than any other time. They all said simple so am hoping for the best results.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

bondgirl wrote:Hi pixiedust

I am not expecting any letter tomorrow but expecting phone calls from parents so hopefully it will be calls of joy not sadness