October 2012 Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MSD

October 2012 Results

Post by MSD »

Not long left for the KE Birmingham results now! So, probably the best time to start a new thread.

Are we still expecting the results to be posted out on Friday, 12th, as suggested by one of the posters last week?

MSD
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: October 2012 Results

Post by DIY Mum »

Won't be posted on Friday 12th. :( Actually, even the staff at the KEF aren't sure. What they did say was to post around the middle of next week. :o
When asked if that means I could receive the letter on Friday, 19th - the lady said 'yes!' :shock:

The KEF haven't been given any new information yet, so hopefully, it could change.

But if it doesn't, I'll have to rethink my strategy about opening up the envelope as dd2's primary is closed on that day and she'll be at home.
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

how frustrating, it still says on their website that results are to be with parents BY the 15th, one would hope they would update their website at some point, they'll be getting calls every 5 minutes.

If there is a possible delay on them being sent then there is a real chance that parents going away for half term will miss the school preference deadline.........
MSD

Post by MSD »

That's disappointing. Here I was hoping we will receive them on Saturday :(

MSD
sss

Post by sss »

Hi I was told by KEF this morning that 'Univ of Durham are slightly behind in standardising the marks.' :shock:
Results will be posted this Friday evening at the very earliest & possibly Saturday or even Monday!!! Results will start filtering out to recipients on the 15th at the very earliest but anytime between 15th & the 19th!! :?
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

Hi all,
So the nervous wait gets worse!
We are going away on on Saturday and not back till 28th so not long to fill lea form.
I think I will have to ask someone to come a check the post and let us know the score.
Hope everyone is calm and relaxed until then ;)
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

lottie78 wrote:Hi all,
So the nervous wait gets worse!
We are going away on on Saturday and not back till 28th so not long to fill lea form.
I think I will have to ask someone to come a check the post and let us know the score.
Hope everyone is calm and relaxed until then ;)
We are going away on Thursday and not back til the 28th, it's really annoying that the results are posted not emailed (and costly), potentially arriving when people are away.

Lets see when results start arriving. Tbh it probably won't change our preferences (Handsworth first even if DD makes the score for CHG) but at least we can go away without worrying.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I am on Warwickshire forum as well as this.

Someone on there was saying that Durham, who mark the papers, are a little behind and are awaiting the standardised scores.

Warks are supposed to be sent by Friday, but some have been told it won't be Friday.

Seems to me that not even the admissions people know what's going on.

I was all worked up to start receiving results on Saturday - only 5 sleeps!! Might need more sleep by the sound of things.
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

i remember having to wait till March 1st for the results...a whole 6 months after the exams...what a wait that was right over 2 half terms and xmas hols
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I just don't know how people could have waited that long, it is really unfair.

This is bad enough, but 6 months is scary!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now