6 days to go!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Manana

6 days to go!

Post by Manana »

Is anyone else going slowly insane!?

I just cannot imagine how I'm going to feel when that email pings into the inbox and how I am actually going to bring myself to open it; the thought makes me feel sick now!

I presume it's going to be at 5pm ish-just when we are madly rushing around with afterschool clubs and trying to cook the dinner ;)
mum of boys

Re: 6 days to go!

Post by mum of boys »

When I got the CSSE email in 2010 for DS1, it didn't arrive until 8.30pm. Back then, they also said that they would be sent out at close of business. So we may be able to do all our rushing around, cook dinner and down the contents of a whole bottle of wine whilst anxiously waiting!!
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

Yes I am, as score day is getting closer!!!I thought I'd ring Kegs to find out when those will be invited for a second tour of the school after the 15th . The recorded message on main switch board number said "if you are ringing to accept invitation for post eleven plus meeting/tour" so now I'm in a complete panic!
JWMUM

Post by JWMUM »

I'm having a tooth out on the 15th, :shock: DH is having a skin cancer removed on the 15th :( - but guess what is making me reach for the wine the most... :oops:
Unless something awful happened on the 22nd I'm not expecting Monday to be very enlightening.....am imagining feeling like this til March...and Beyond!
:?
piemom

Post by piemom »

I love you lot on here! Been reading posts for ages, but never posted before. Just want to say a huge thanks for reassuring me I'm not the only one driven insane by this whole process. :|
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

piemom wrote:I love you lot on here! Been reading posts for ages, but never posted before. Just want to say a huge thanks for reassuring me I'm not the only one driven insane by this whole process. :|

oh it is enough to drive you potty, piemom! Welcome to the forum and keep posting!!! We'll have the pre allocation party on rehab at the end of Feb no doubt to keep everyone distracted :lol:
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

piemom wrote:I love you lot on here! Been reading posts for ages, but never posted before. Just want to say a huge thanks for reassuring me I'm not the only one driven insane by this whole process. :|
Like you I used to occasionally haunt these pages but never left a mark...
:) I only registered after the exam, its quite theraputic! I know everyone has different reactions to dealing with stressful situations, some people are fortunate enough to remain calm and sail through the whole process, however I'm finding the post exam period very nerve racking.
I'm stressed because my older DD is at GS, so I know what second DD woud be missing if she doesn't get a GS place. The 2 good local comprehensives that I like, would be good alternatives to GS, but she probably wouldn't be offer a place at one due to catchment issues and the second comp is only a chance of a place. Backup plan is a school with "potential", but I don't really want DD to go there. If you can afford to go down the indie route, (then although it's expensive) , you have a good alternative; otherwise you are the mercy of the catchment system!
Just turned 4 o'clock....only 6 days to go...
laluna

Post by laluna »

My anxiety is going through the roof today. Really struggling :-( I am not convinced that next Monday is going to provide any answers unless they have scored badly.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry, no point to the scream - doesn't even make me feel better:-(

Where did I put my Valium .........?
Manana

Post by Manana »

I am so glad it's not just me!

I just hope hope hope he gets a score that a)means something useful and b) is good :lol:

This week is going so slowly!
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

jojo1 wrote:!I thought I'd ring Kegs to find out when those will be invited for a second tour of the school after the 15th . The recorded message on main switch board number said "if you are ringing to accept invitation for post eleven plus meeting/tour" so now I'm in a complete panic!
The date for the open afternoon is Tuesday 23rd October. But when the boys will be invited is a mystery. I assumed it would be after the results are released, but from what you heard, maybe it will be before!

What I don't understand is how the schools are going to decide who to invite to these extra open days. Will they just look at scores and invite the top 150 or so? Or will they take into account where you live and only invite those who are in catchment (where that exists). If not, the top scoring candidates could find themselves invited to 4 extra open days!!

Maybe the top scoring boys have already had their invites and we're not getting one - if anyone gets one, do let us know!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now