Guidance required for WGG?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RomaWhelan

Guidance required for WGG?

Post by RomaWhelan »

Hi,
My daughter has just received her results. She has scored just enough to gain entry to Watford girls grammar for the inner catchment area. Based on the previous 5 years academic figures for the school she would get in on the first round.... But only with a few marks to spare, particularly in the last academic year.

What I need to clarify is the following. What would happen if there was for example only 2 places left to allocate on the academic test, and 10 children have applied, scoring exactly the same mark?

How does the school determine which 2 children get the place? Does it come down to distance then?

We live approx 2000 m from the school in the WD19 area, so would this work in our favour if several children got the same mark?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
WP

Re: Guidance required for WGG?

Post by WP »

RomaWhelan wrote:What I need to clarify is the following. What would happen if there was for example only 2 places left to allocate on the academic test, and 10 children have applied, scoring exactly the same mark?

How does the school determine which 2 children get the place? Does it come down to distance then?
Yes it does. It's note (ix) in the WGGS admissions arrangements. (WBGS is the same, mutatis mutandis.)
RomaWhelan

Re: Guidance required for WGG?

Post by RomaWhelan »

Thank you. That clears up the confusion.