So are the results being emailed?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
naivemum

So are the results being emailed?

Post by naivemum »

Getting nervous now.....does anyone know if all the schools are sending letters or are they emailing too? I can't make any sense of the info. :?:
stroudydad

Re: So are the results being emailed?

Post by stroudydad »

As far as I am aware the only school that has advised that they will be emailing results is tommies, and that the rest will arrive by post by 15th.
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

I must admit the note (that has recently changed) on the admission website now says that "some" schools will be emailing as well as writing....
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

A point to think about is that each school is now a business and we are the customers, each will want to impress in any way possible, so you may find some hands have been forced by the STRS promise
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

stroudydad wrote:A point to think about is that each school is now a business and we are the customers, each will want to impress in any way possible, so you may find some hands have been forced by the STRS promise
A business that has more customers than it can cater for!
I have just looked at the Marling site and they only talk about letters. Can't see them doing it especially as they did say "no emails" when they sent out pre exam info.
I think it might just be STR, this is just painful!
Amber

Post by Amber »

STRS were very quick off the mark last year. And they do have the loveliest admissions officer you could wish for- I think they (collectively, not necessarily just Tommies) do understand the pressure parents and children feel under at this time.

Watch your emails from late afternoon tomorrow is my tip. But don't tell your DC that's what you are doing - the stress for them would be huge, waiting for a bleep which might never come.

Good luck all.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Both the sue's - admissions women from STR and from Crypt are absolutely lovely and really caring, I agree with Amber.
Thinking of you all.
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

http://www.pates.gloucs.sch.uk/admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sure that this has just gone on. They are sending emails according to this link. Just hurry up schools, can't take much more of this.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Yes Trampoline that is new. Wish I'd ticked the Pâtés box
cazien

Post by cazien »

Just for info - all the schools e-mailed last year if you registered for it. We had STR at 8.00pm and Crypt at 11.30pm on the Friday, followed on Saturday by Marling at 5.30am and Pates at 11.30am