Standardisation mark??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kccmum

Standardisation mark??

Post by kccmum »

Can anyone explain the standardisation mark to me please. I have tried ringing Medway student services but they didn't know how it was calculated & just told me to email admissions but the review has to be in by tomorrow?

In the paperwork provided with the result & in the admission booklet it states that the minimum standardised score is 70, my child has a May birthday so it is my understanding that he would have got 5 points for age. So the raw score minimum is 64? (if you minus off the max points added for age - 6)...

My childs score was 75 on one paper which I was really shocked by, in my head that means to me that he got less than 10 marks on that paper.. Is that right or have I got it totally wrong?

Please help I'm going mad trying to work things out.
Belinda

Re: Standardisation mark??

Post by Belinda »

It's complicated - best thing to do is phone up Medway and ask for raw scores.
There is a link under '11plusadvice' (above - next to 'Home'). Perhaps you can find the information you are seeking there.

Yes. 75 is low - All children who sat the test would have a standardised score between 70 and 140. It doesn't allow for second guessing the raw scores. Maybe everyone scored over half marks...
Phone up admissions and ask. :D

Edited to add: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... xplanation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's the link.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now