results tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rainy

results tomorrow

Post by Rainy »

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. It was awful last night I took my ds shopping for new football boots after school. When we came out of the shop he burst into tears I couldn't understand why and he said "Mum I am feeling so nervous about the results" He commented that he really didn't like the alternative school whose open evening we attended last week, as it didnt feel right but he felt right when he went around the grammar school. We went straight to a cafe for a milk shake and a good chat, I told him that I am proud of him regardless of the results but I know my words were of little comfort as he wants to go to the same school as his brother so much.I know most children are feeling anxious ( and parents!) but you feel so helpless when it is your own child don't you! I hope that you all get positive news in the post tomorrow and that the tears are tears of joy. Thankyou to everyone on here for their support and advice over the last few months .
Rainy
devondarling

Re: results tomorrow

Post by devondarling »

good luck Rainy
Patzie

Post by Patzie »

Wishing you lots and lots of luck and big Mummy hugs for your child. :D
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Good luck Rainy, Stocky, Celtic Warrior and all the other mums out there waiting for Lincs results and, indeed, results elsewhere. May you sleep well tonight and even better tomorrow night! :D
Celtic Worrier

Post by Celtic Worrier »

Thank you for your good wishes ourmaninhavana

Yesterday my son started to openly worry and it doesn't matter whatever I say that it doesn't matter etc, those platitudes just ain't working it doesn't seem to be making any
impact. Like your son Rainy, he said the other day that the GS just felt right and that he was meant to be there, I never thought at the start of this that I would end up feeling like I do today.

CW
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

It's so tough for the poor children, however much reassurance you give. Thankfully I had no concept how competitive or stressful it was when my DS sat the exams and we didn't do anything until the May.
I'm so sorry Celtic Worrier, I've hardened you into Celtic Warrior!! :lol:
Rainy

Post by Rainy »

Thankyou all for your replies, I echo ourmaminhavana's words in that I hope everyone sleeps well tonight .
Best wishes to you all :) Rainy
JRM

Post by JRM »

I'm yet to sleep - but we have a birthday to celebrate tomorrow so are trying not to let the results detract from that (it's a different child). Let's just hope that Royal Mail are reliable.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now