Anyone in top 120 at Pates turning it down?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
trampoline

Anyone in top 120 at Pates turning it down?

Post by trampoline »

The past few days have been awful, with so many of DS's friends ending up confused and disappointed. We are in a lovely position having qualified in the top 120 for Marling and a good Crypt pass. We also have a Pates pass in the 130s. For this I am very grateful.

I feel confident that this will be fine come March but DS is worried that he will be disappointed if he gets his hopes up for Pates.
To try and make him feel better I thought I'd see if there were any top 120 Pates turning down their place in favour of one of their other schools.

Congratulations to all who've got what they wanted and even bigger commiserations to those who haven't. This Forum has really helped us through the process.
Amber

Re: Anyone in top 120 at Pates turning it down?

Post by Amber »

Nothing specific, but over the last few years increasing numbers have turned down Pates. That's why they have given places to 180 this year - a couple of years ago they ended up contacting number 161 to offer a place. If Pates is what you want, I imagine that you should be pretty optimistic with a place in the 130s, based on the last few years. DS has 2 children in his class at STRS who turned down Pates to go there, and I know of 2 others in his year.
gloucesterchild

Post by gloucesterchild »

I know of three DS who is top 20 this year who will not be taking their places at Pates, choosing STRS instead. Hope this information helps.
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

gloucesterchild wrote:I know of three DS who is top 20 this year who will not be taking their places at Pates, choosing STRS instead. Hope this information helps.
It certainly does, thank you :D
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

I know of one girl who is highly unlikely to take the place
trampoline

Post by trampoline »

fairweathergardener wrote:I know of one girl who is highly unlikely to take the place
Thanks for this - if you could just talk her into a definite no please ! : :lol: :lol:
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
livviloo

Post by livviloo »

yes i think the last few years have gone to 140's at least. Is that right?
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

livviloo wrote:yes i think the last few years have gone to 140's at least. Is that right?
I understand they went to 160 last year which is why the top 180 are being informed this year. Relax, you will be fine.
blessed mum

Post by blessed mum »

i would also be interested to know if anyone has turned down pates!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now