commuting to king's school from nottingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
d2c

commuting to king's school from nottingham

Post by d2c »

Hi,
I am from the west bridgford area. My son got his 11+ results today. I want to know if there are any children from nott who go to king's on a daily basis. My daughter is settled in her pry school. I would like to stay put, if possible.
Thanks.
hermanmunster

Re: commuting to king's school from nottingham

Post by hermanmunster »

I have heard of some kids who travel from the eastern side of nottinghamshire - up to 25 miles each way, but I think West Bridgford is quite a bit further. How are you planning to get your son to Grantham?

ETA - just looked at the map - actually with the A52 it is not as far as I thought but still about 23 miles.
d2c

Post by d2c »

I have heard of some kids who travel from the eastern side of nottinghamshire - up to 25 miles each way, but I think West Bridgford is quite a bit further. How are you planning to get your son to Grantham?
We are not sure yet. Either move house or son to travel. I don't quite like the second option, but my hubby does not like the first.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Have you got any thoughts about other schools in the patch? Am aware that there are no GS but some Indies and some of the non selective are better than others...

Are you far from the train station?
d2c

Post by d2c »

Hi hermanmunster,

We do have v.good comp school in our catchment. But I think it would be more suitable for son's nature, if he is surrounded by hard working focused children. My son tends to be swayed by his friends whether in the right or wrong direction.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Presumably Rushcliffe or West Bridgford - WB in particular is certainly a good and though non selective, tends to have a lot of quite bright focussed kids there. Not all GS are full of focussed kids ... some are less than keen on the work.

Have you visited them both on a working day?
porshe04

Post by porshe04 »

Hi dc2,

I'm in one of the villages around Grantham so my son will have no trouble getting to Kings (we had results yesterday too) but I do have a friend in Radcliffe who's neighbours son travels to Kings daily. If you want to know how he does it let me know and I'll do my best to find out.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

My DS did it for 3 years - well from Radcliffe anyway.
A long day, but he managed.

The A52 not the best road - single carriageway - get stuck behind a lorry and you are stuck!!
After school activities became a pain.

We moved nearer to Grantham as a result! :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now