Queens School

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
decaff

Queens School

Post by decaff »

I am thinking of having Queens as a choice. My sons score seems to be enough to gain academic entry under this route looking at past history but not for other selectives. Am thinking of having it as a third choice. However I can't seem to find out if there is a bus from Croxley Green Area. I think there has been one in the past but can't find any info on one running now. Any info on routes to Queens from this area would be greatly appreciated.
Hera

Re: Queens School

Post by Hera »

I have been told that there is a bus from Croxley tube direct to Queens.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Thanks Bel I will check this out, I do see a very small number of Queens pupils in Croxley Green from time to time. Any other info from anyone much appreciated.
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

All the school buses for Queens are run by Mullany's and having checked the timetable that we received on the Queens open evening there doesn't seem to be a school service between Croxley and Queens. It would have to be a normal public bus route.

My DD is in Year 9 at Queens (we went through what you are going through 3 years ago) and my DS will start in 2013. We have had a very positive experience and would definitely recommend the school.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Thanks busybeenfun, yes I liked the school very much. Would prefer Rickmansworth as its local but feel I will only secure this on distance. Have still had no joy with buses. I guess it would have to be a bus in to Watford and then another to Bushey. Can anybody tell me which normal bus routes pass by school?
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

As far as I am aware, there's only the 602 which runs past the school. Timetable is here:
http://www.intalink.org.uk/Timetables/tt/602_B_ATG.PDF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It doesn't run very often. 2 buses mights be a bit risky re: changes.
However, I would imagine that most kids would walk from Watford; it's quite a route march but feasible as I'm sure that there'll be plenty of kids going that way (via Water Lane, past the Premier Inn).

Lucky you re: Ricky...

Don't panic. How likely are you to need to go to your 3rd or 4th choice? (Not sure what you wanted for No. 1 school).
decaff

Post by decaff »

Thanks for all your information. My first two choices will be Ricky and Joa but not sure in which order so hopefully will not need Queens but going to have it as an option above Westfield!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now