Queen Elizabeth School

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jenna_1976

Queen Elizabeth School

Post by jenna_1976 »

Unfortunately my son didn't get into Q.E boys School :( , was really hopeful of him getting in as I have heard its a wonderful school and many success stories are made there. He got 202/240 and the pass mark was 210.

I applied for my son to have extra time before the exam because he fractured his wrist few months before the exam and only got out of his sling maybe 6 weeks before the actual exam started but it was deemed invalid because the exam was multiple choice.

He was always complaining about his wrist hurting before the exam so I took him to the doctors and I have all the relevant doctor notes.

I was wondering if this appeal would be successful and help would be welcome, I really want my son to go to a really good school like Q.E as private schools are very expensive and as a single mother i would just simply not be able to afford that.

Thank you
Kingfisher

Re: Queen Elizabeth School

Post by Kingfisher »

I don't think you'd have much success; my DC had to take entrance exam first day back after chicken pox and no consideration was made. Don't rule out imdependent school though; schools do offer bursaries and if you are a single parent with no additional income you may well find you qualify, if your DC does well enough. I think the cut off for some schools is 65 - 75K a year.
Etienne

Re: Queen Elizabeth School

Post by Etienne »

Welcome, Jenna.

For most appeals, alternative evidence of high academic ability (if score is an issue), and good reasons for wanting or needing a place, will probably carry more weight than extenuating circumstances.

Have you seen the Q&As? -
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was wondering if this appeal would be successful
Only the panel hearing your appeal can answer that question. All sorts of factors might affect the outcome, some of which could be completely outside your control.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now