Alcester waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ARC1970

Alcester waiting list

Post by ARC1970 »

My son got 323 so is going to be on the Alcester waiting list.

Does anyone know whether 323 is likely to be enough. Very confused.
serendippyty

Re: Alcester waiting list

Post by serendippyty »

How do you know he is on the waiting list? I thought you wouldn't know that until the places were allocated in March. It sounds like a reasonable score, I'd say you have a good chance.
ARC1970

Post by ARC1970 »

serendippyty wrote:How do you know he is on the waiting list? I thought you wouldn't know that until the places were allocated in March. It sounds like a reasonable score, I'd say you have a good chance.
Sorry, I meant that (based on last year) he would be on the waiting list with 323 as the waiting list was 326-319
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I think he stands a good chance with the extra spaces... March is a long time to wait isn't it?!
ARC1970

Post by ARC1970 »

serendippyty wrote:I think he stands a good chance with the extra spaces... March is a long time to wait isn't it?!
A very long wait. Hoping to get some sort of feel for his chances before then but its difficult. I think the chances are less good for the boys. He was ranked 164 out of 527 boys in the South and 319 out of 1029 all children in the south.
KatieG

Post by KatieG »

Hello!

My ds got 322. I'm really hoping he'll get on the AGS waiting list with that - sounds like you think he might?

Does it matter how close you live? We already live in the southern priority area (just!) We are currently in the process of getting our house ready to go on the market...We were planning to move to stratford /alcester area if ds got in... Now I don't know what to do as I don't know if he will get in or not!

Argh! This whole thing is hard isn't it! :-)
madparent

Post by madparent »

Hi KatieG, our son got 319 so we're frantically trying to work out if he has any chance at all of AGS. We are a long way from the school, but still in catchment. As there's a bus route to Stratford we had only really considered KES. If we got him in think we would move to Stratford as the journey to Alcester would be ****. So I think like that, then the next minute I think just forget it! :roll: :(
ARC1970

Post by ARC1970 »

KatieG wrote:Hello!

My ds got 322. I'm really hoping he'll get on the AGS waiting list with that - sounds like you think he might?

Does it matter how close you live? We already live in the southern priority area (just!) We are currently in the process of getting our house ready to go on the market...We were planning to move to stratford /alcester area if ds got in... Now I don't know what to do as I don't know if he will get in or not!

Argh! This whole thing is hard isn't it! :-)
I dont think it does, provided you are in the south circle, but I am no expert so please dont take my word for it!
madparent

Post by madparent »

I am no expert, but I think I read that if there is more than one child with the same mark they will decide between them by the distance they live from the school.
sss

Post by sss »

madparent wrote:I am no expert, but I think I read that if there is more than one child with the same mark they will decide between them by the distance they live from the school.
As the crow flies, so to speak.