Deputy Head of Judd recently became Head of.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kathykate

Deputy Head of Judd recently became Head of.....

Post by kathykate »

... I can't remember! Can someone jolt my memory? Must have been a school I've visited over the last 2 years but was it Gravesend, Wilmington, Dartford, or Oakwood?
Good luck all for tomorrow.
anotherworriedmum

Re: Deputy Head of Judd recently became Head of.....

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Erm I thought it was MGS, but I might be wrong!
kathykate

Post by kathykate »

Ah no you are probably right, that is one I haven't seen yet but going very soon, I knew it was one of the Kent bunch, thanks!
anotherworriedmum

I have been trying to check on their website but its down at the moment, might be worth a check a little later.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

It is MGS.....my son goes there.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Appointment of New Headteacher

10 February 2012
Dear Parents & Carers
Interviews for a new Headteacher took place this week and I am writing to advise you that the Governing Body offered the post to Mr Mark Tomkins, who has now accepted.
Mr Tomkins attended Arle Comprehensive and then Pates Grammar School. He went on to read mathematics at the University of Birmingham. On completing his PGCE at Cheltenham and Gloucester College of Higher Education he began his teaching career. Over the years Mr Tomkins has worked in three schools two of which have been selective and in Kent. He worked at Dartford Grammar School for nine years, and for the last six years has been Deputy Headteacher at The Judd School in Tonbridge. He recently completed a one year secondment at Coopers Technology College in Chislehurst as Vice Principal.
Mr Tomkins’ passion outside work is rowing. He is a member of Maidstone Invicta Rowing Club where he also coaches students from his current school. He has rowed at The Henley Royal Regatta in 2009 and 2010 competing in The Thames Challenge Cup and continues to inspire young people in the sport.
Mr. Tomkins will take up the post from 1st September but will be in School beforehand to ensure a smooth handover takes place. The Governors believe that Mr. Tomkins has a good mixture of experiences and abilities to lead Maidstone Grammar School in the next phase of its life. We look forward to working with him and the whole school community as we continue to develop our outstanding school.
Yours sincerely
LA Evans
Chair of Governors

From MGS' website. It's always on a fixed page first thing in the morning in case of snow so it doesn't crash :roll:
kathykate

Post by kathykate »

You guys rock! I must have read it on their website and forgotten where I'd seen it. I'm going to MGS Open Morning on Friday. I was told yesterday (by a parent) that if you get 390 score you will get in no matter where you live - whereas I was under the impression that you had to be in one of the 'named areas' (which we are not) to have a hope of getting in, I need to check that info out.
anotherworriedmum

kathykate wrote:You guys rock! I must have read it on their website and forgotten where I'd seen it. I'm going to MGS Open Morning on Friday. I was told yesterday (by a parent) that if you get 390 score you will get in no matter where you live - whereas I was under the impression that you had to be in one of the 'named areas' (which we are not) to have a hope of getting in, I need to check that info out.

I think you are right. We are going through the same thing, DS wants to go there but we don't live in one of the named areas. This is their over-subscription criteria;

Qualifying children who are looked after children.
Children resident in one of the parishes listed below, with a combined score of 390 or more, in order of (a) siblings and (b) those living the shortest distance from the school.
Other qualifying children resident in one of the listed parishes, in the order of (a) siblings and (b) those living the shortest distance from the school.
Other qualifying children, in the order of (a) siblings and (b) those living the shortest distance from the school.

The parishes in question are those of Addington, Aylesford (South), Barming, Bearsted, Bicknor, Birling, Borough Green, Boughton Malherbe, Boughton Monchelsea, Boxley, Bredhurst, Broomfield and Kingswood, Burham, Chart Sutton, Collier Street, Coxheath, Detling, Ditton, Downswood, East Farleigh, East Malling and Larkfield, East Sutton, Eccles, Frinsted, Harrietsham, Headcorn, Hollingborne, Hucking, Hunton, Ightham, Kings Hill, Langley, Leeds, Lenham, Leybourne, Linton, Loose, Maidstone, Marden, Mereworth, Nettlestead, Offham, Otham, Platt, Ryarsh, Snodland, Stansted, Staplehurst, Stockbury, Sutton Valence, Teston, Thurnham, Tovil, Trottiscliffe, Ulcombe, Wateringbury, West Farleigh, West Malling, West Peckham, Wichling, Wormshill, Wrotham, Wouldham, Yalding. See the note about transport below.

You can find it here http://mgs.kent.sch.uk/mg/parents/appli ... nformation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I seem to have it book marked :lol:

See you on Friday IF we get the results we want.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now