What happens to the named lost property? ......

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SEP18

What happens to the named lost property? ......

Post by SEP18 »

I cannot believe that my youngest DS is now losing things too!!!

What happens to the named lost property? .... Is there any point in naming their PE kit if it never returns!!

I do know that it is the responsibility of my dear children to bring their kits home with them but I would like to know where the missing items end up!
hermanmunster

Re: What happens to the named lost property? ......

Post by hermanmunster »

probably in some vast box somewhere? - DDs WHOLE PE kit reappeared in year after vanishing in year 7, 6 months earlier :roll:

Think kids may have to be proactive in hunting for it - at primary they tended to try to find the owners of items...
Amber

Post by Amber »

hermanmunster wrote:
Think kids may have to be proactive in hunting for it .
And there you have your answer.
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

it's probably lying in a big box somewhere or has been re-named by now!!!

My DS lost loads of things in primary - would claim he had looked in the 'lost and found' but rarely came back with any item. I went in a couple of times to look as well as I'd had enough.

The best was a lost PE jersey which he lost in year 4 - we both looked for it few times at various intervals but no luck. These have school logos, etc embroidered on them so you have to buy from the uniform shop. In the last week of year 6 it was miraculously found in the box - 2 years later; completely worn out but his name label intact!!
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

Amber wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
Think kids may have to be proactive in hunting for it .
And there you have your answer.
I didn't hide my disappointment this morning :evil: Let's see if he returns with the PE top this evening.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Watch out for warm/waterproof coats being stolen especially given the weather we're having at the moment.

When he was still at primary school DS had two coats taken from his peg. One was replaced with an identical but less pristine version with someone else's name in it. When I took it to the school office, they checked and found there was no one of that name at the school. I think it was a planned theft and the parents clearly approved. Another time, we had really bad weather and DS's brand new coat was taken and that was the end of that. Both coats were named so I guess the parents were more than happy for their kids to keep someone else's property.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I've probably bored everyone with this story before...so stop me if you've heard it , but...one of my brothers would keep getting his coat taken by another boy, who had an identical one..but it smelt terribly ( as did the boy ). My Mother was so incensed every time he came home with the wrong one , she sent all of us , in a big crocodile to retrieve the right one. We would all refuse to carry it , throwing it at each other and leaving it lying on the pavement, until the most mature one of us ( not me ) would huffily pick it up and finish the journey holding said coat aloft , between his thumb and finger :lol:
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

SEP18 wrote:I

What happens to the named lost property? ....
It ends up in the bottom of some other child's PE kit, just like the unnamed! :(

My child's, probably. :oops:
Amber

Post by Amber »

I am pretty miffed as this very day I have retrieved from a very smelly kit bag, and washed, in very expensive Special Stuff for waterproofs, a pair of waterproof trousers; and re-proofed them in very expensive Special Stuff for re proofing waterproofs. And I just took them off the line and they are Someone Else's Child's.
JRM

Post by JRM »

We have a giant plastic bin for lost property. I think that the unnamed stuff shoudl go in there and the finder could just drop the named stuff off at the right classroom. I am talking about a small primary here where you have to walk past most of the classrooms to get to the lost property bin. If stuff makes it in to that bin for more than a day it smells so bad that I don't want them to reclaim it.

But then I had a row because my DSs named jumper was found in a big pile of jumpers on the floor. He had to miss aplytime for not looking after his property properly and the others whose clothing wasn't named jsut got to take it back when the teacher was out of the room.

You can't win with this naming lark.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now