MESSAGE FOR PARENTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

flippic

MESSAGE FOR PARENTS

Post by flippic »

MESSAGE FOR PARENTS

11+ Results Emails

Candidates Results emails were sent yesterday afternoon but we have been made aware that some email domains such as yahoo, btinternet and gmail have blocked the emails and some recipients will therefore not have received the email. We are currently looking into this and getting the emails resent to the affected recipients.
posted on csse web page
seriousmum

Re: MESSAGE FOR PARENTS

Post by seriousmum »

This doesn't help anyone waiting. They need to give an indication of times when emails will be sent...
I feel like giving up completely and not caring. However, this involves my dearest child so it is impossible to do so!
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Except that parents are posting on here saying they have had results on gMail accounts and others that they haven't on Sky etc. accounts. The (non-apologetic) posting on the CSSE site appears to be an attempt to deflect blame.

If the problem is what they say it is then Yahoo/gMail/btinternet will just 'bouce' the eMails again when they are sent again. CSSE need to be more open about what it is they are doing. At this rate I suspect they will be posting results out to us next week.

There is no indication as to the % of people this is affecting. My sample of 5 parents I know of have recieved 0 responses. So this is probably affecting majority of eMail parents.

Why can't they post something more informative empathetic and honest on their site?
flippic

Post by flippic »

Setanta wrote:Except that parents are posting on here saying they have had results on gMail accounts and others that they haven't on Sky etc. accounts. The (non-apologetic) posting on the CSSE site appears to be an attempt to deflect blame.

If the problem is what they say it is then Yahoo/gMail/btinternet will just 'bouce' the eMails again when they are sent again. CSSE need to be more open about what it is they are doing. At this rate I suspect they will be posting results out to us next week.

There is no indication as to the % of people this is affecting. My sample of 5 parents I know of have recieved 0 responses. So this is probably affecting majority of eMail parents.

Why can't they post something more informative empathetic and honest on their site?
Yes you are 100% right...
Manana

Post by Manana »

Setanta wrote:Except that parents are posting on here saying they have had results on gMail accounts and others that they haven't on Sky etc. accounts. The (non-apologetic) posting on the CSSE site appears to be an attempt to deflect blame.

I agree. They need to have people manning the phone giving out results or a team of people stuffing them in envelopes and putting them in the post box. If the emails have bounced-they will bounce again-so what's the point?

Surely if the original registration email from the CSSE didn't bounce though-this wouldn't have done either!?
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Posting from two years ago reads....

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but DD sat 11+ 2 years ago and we never received the e-mail from CSSE! This is because we have an AOL e-mail account. AOL likes to block out multiple mailings, as it thinks they are spam. I did discuss this at length with CSSE at the time and explained that there are ways around this (from their end) and hope that they have sorted it out. However, if you do have an AOL account and haven't received anything, it is possible that you never will!"

Doesn't bode well does it?