Advice please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daddy daycare

Advice please

Post by Daddy daycare »

Firstly congratulations to all the dc who have got into the school they wanted. We had our dd results yesterday and she scored 213. We were hoping for fw but its doubtful she will have scored high enough. Could some one please advise if you think 213 would be a high enough score for handsworth girls? Thank you so much for advice
MSD

Re: Advice please

Post by MSD »

Daddy daycare,

These are past results for Handsworth Girls :

KE HANDSWORTH GIRLS
317, 319, 318, 317, 319, 321, 211, 215
(106)(107)(106)(106)(107)(107)(106)(108)

213 is very borderline but by all means put it as your first choice on the application form Nothing to lose.

All the best!!

MSD
Daddy daycare

Post by Daddy daycare »

Thank you for reply and kind words. Really appreciate it, its such am anxious time.
bontilo

Post by bontilo »

Hi. I agree with MSD. Mine was 213 aswell, but after reading probably half of what is posted here in the forum, you are welcome to put either as your 1st choice. Although Handsworth may be 215 last year, we'll never know if they would lower down their pass mark this year. In the past years, KEGS have children put down on waiting list even if they got scores a few points lower than their passing mark. There won't be any problem to put down Sutton as 2nd either because it will be considered your 1st if she doesn't make it to Handsworth. Hope this helps. Congratulations!
Daddy daycare

Post by Daddy daycare »

Thank you and congratulations to you and your dc.
I agree no harm putting it as our first choice and hope the scores r lower this year. Sutton would be to far for her to travel which is ashame. Thank you