2007 exam date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Boston Lady

2007 exam date

Post by Boston Lady »

Hi Can anybody tell me when the exams will be held in 2007. I have a terrible feelin it is when I will be away, in Oct/Nov. Can anyone help me. :( :?:

Post by Guest »

If you are in 11plus area your child's primary school should be able to tell you. If out of area contact the Grammar School where the test would be taken.
Sorry do not know the dates off hand.

Sara

Post by Guest »

Forgot to say that most years the Grammar schools seem to hold tests at mid-end October and beginning November. Might be worth contacting the admissions team at the LEA if you are unable to take the tests at the right time. Under exceptional circumstances some kids do take the exam ouside the normal times. My daughter took hers about 6 months early as she has a Statement of Special Educational Need and 11 plus results come out after the Statement has to be finalised before transfer to secondary.

Sara
HP

Post by HP »

Wow Sara!!

As my second child has a Statement too I was really impressed to learn that you got this concession. I feel very strongly that children with Statements and/or SEN shouldn't get written off. I know that we won't be faced with the selection process for child No 2 with severe SEN or No. 3, owing to the sibling rule, unless they change it of course, (still feeling pretty lucky that our eldest had the best prospects of attaining a place at one of Herts best schools through the selection process thereby giving the other two the option of a place there also :) ) but could I be really inquisitive and ask how your daughter got on and also what are her SEN.

Understand though if this is too personal to post.

HP

Post by Guest »

Hi HP,
My daughter has an "autistic spectrum disorder" as the diagnosis goes! Always thereafter referred to as having Asperger syndrome. Yes, she passed her 11 plus and is very happy at her new school.

We do not live in a selective school area, but when we looked at the schools in our own area we could not find any we felt she would be able to cope with - mostly very large comprehensives. The Grammar she attends is single sex and not too big. In addition they were so welcoming when we approached them (big, big contrast to some of the other schools we looked at). They did everything possible to prepare for her arrival and so far I cannot sing their praises highly enough.

Parent Partnership approached the county admissions team on my behalf and the whole thing was arranged very quickly - she did the tests in her own primary school on her own with her normal LSA supervising.

However, I know that some children in Lincolnshire this year with Statements have taken their 11 plus at the normal time and so only just know the results. This means that their Statements are being finalised after the supposed cut off date in February. I feel that this puts them at a disadvantage - for a start I am sure that schools may be a bit more reluctant when they have already allocated their places and the SEN child comes as an "extra".

I have also heard of Statemented children who have passed 11 plus being "encouraged" to go to the Secondary Modern where supposedly the facilities are better for SEN children.

I am afraid that this may be another area in the SEN system where (s)he who shouts loudest gets the best deal.

Sara

Post by Guest »

I forgot to say - the consultation document here in Lincolnshire about the proposed admission policies for next year is looking at placing the sibling criterion further down the list, so that it would come after distance from the school. They also want to move to a system of equal preference for the first 3 schools. For us this will mean that our younger 2 girls won't get the chance to go to the same school as their sister, nor will they necessarily get in to the same school as their brother who is yr 5 now and next in line. I could end up with 3 different secondary schools - nightmare!

Sara
HP

Post by HP »

Thank you Sara for sharing this. Wonderful to hear about her success. My son is also ASD, and severely dyspraxic too - double whammy. In Year 4 at the moment but really starting to come into his own after lots of support despite having been written off time and time again :evil:

His future looks a lot brighter after reading your post :)

You have my sympaty over the sibling rule, wish they would just STOP tinkering with the system, just seems to make it even worse.

HP
HP

Post by HP »

Bye the way, agree with "he who shouts loudest". I am a bit notorious for shouting a lot but its paying off though.

HP
Maria

2007 11 plus

Post by Maria »

Hi

Just to let you know that this year, in Grantham, Lincs children are taking the 11 plus exam on 9th and 16th September - so it may be the same month next year.
jellywobble

2007 exam dates , for entry sept 2008 - Lincolnshire

Post by jellywobble »

I have seen that last year's VRand NVR papers were sat in September.

Is it right that the ptractice papers were actually done in the previous acedemic year ( Yr 5) in the July ?

Will the 2007 dates follow the same lines?

Many Thanks