2kidsdad

Chelmsford County high for girls enquiry visit

Post by 2kidsdad »

Has anyone received an invitation for enquiry visit from CCHS?? :roll:

Thanks for the replies in advance.
mum of boys

Re: Chelmsford County high for girls enquiry visit

Post by mum of boys »

I think you just need to ring up and register - it is not by invitation. However I think you have to have a score above the minimum score given in advice sheet to be able to attend - 338 for in catchment and 365 for outside.
Hope this helps
ahap

Post by ahap »

When is the visit?
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
event1

Post by event1 »

Please see the attachment to the result email but I have done it for you now it is on the 22nd of October between 2pm and 330pm. Remember you have to phone in that you are coming.
I hope it helps
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thanks event1, I did not get the email, CSSE called me and gave the results and they also said that they will post the results to everyone. We might receive it tomorrow or day after hopefully.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
moved

Post by moved »

Here is the link to the guide. I would ignore the OOC figure for CCHS in the orange column as it is higher than the other two!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/110098231/Css ... -3-10-12-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thanks moved, I was looking for it all over the forum.
ahap

Post by ahap »

I went to the enquiry visit .............and these are ones I remember.

1. Lots of parents asked lots of questions. The head said don't jeopardize your chance of getting a place at another school by putting CCHS first :shock: . Then another parent corrected it and asked the same question and the head said you are right and came to a conclusion that you put the school in the order of your preference and that would not jeopardize your chances elsewhere if you don't score enough for ChCHS but to put ChCHS first if you want ChCHS.

2. Waiting lists will be in rank order only. There is no separate lists for IC or OOC.

3. The scores given in the CSSE guidance is correct.
Parents did ask about the OOC scores as to why 365 was in the 2nd column. Answer was that it was the lowest score of OOC candidate (the 24th rank from OOC applicants I think) from the last 4 years that was offered a place on the 1st of March.
3rd Column 345 was eventually offered a place.
4th Column 355 was well above what is required based on the last 4 yrs.

4. About 40 or did she say 14 someone please correct me on this between 1st of March and beginning of Autumn term.

5. Very rarely they said but mentioned 1 who was offered after beginning of term.(but I heard that there were 2 perhaps 3 in 2011 in take).
Last edited by ahap on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 to go

Post by 2 to go »

The admissions policy on the ChCHS website states that there will be 2 waiting lists, 1 for catchment and 1 for non-catchment.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Yes, the admissions policy clearly states it.
So when it comes to waiting lists they will follow this because there is no passmark for CCHS and they have to fill in the 96 from in catchment and 24 from out of catchment.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now