Colchester County High School - Help with transport pls!!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Redbridgemum

Colchester County High School - Help with transport pls!!?

Post by Redbridgemum »

Hello, my daughter has just been offered a place at Colchester and we are delighted except for ONE BIG PROBLEM. We live in Redbridge and this will involve a 100 mile round trip! We have phoned the school and there is no school bus from Gantshill to Colchester (like there is for Chelmsford). Does anyone know of any other girls who travel to Colchester from the Redbridge Borough :?: :?:
KB

Post by KB »

Probably stupid question but have you looked at trains?
Guess too far to walk from Colchester station so would maybe need bus to town centre & then walk. Perhaps train to Chelmsford then bus to Colchester (imagine would go down Lexden Road) or train to Marks Tey & bus to Colchester (buses def go down Lexden Road but dont know how match with trains).
Hope you get it sorted out - it sounds like a big journey for your daughter. Hopefully she'll have her homework done en-route :)
dw_richard

Post by dw_richard »

The CCHS is about a 20-25 minute WALK from Colchester North Station, the #65 bus goes from the station and after going round the town center passess the CCHS. I would guess this will take about 20 minutes (traffic in the town center).

If you get to the town center, many buses going to Stanway/Tollgate use Lexden Rd, the CCHS is very close to the junction of Norman Way and Lexden Road.
doing our best

Re: Colchester County High School - Help with transport pls!

Post by doing our best »

Redbridgemum wrote:Hello, my daughter has just been offered a place at Colchester and we are delighted except for ONE BIG PROBLEM. We live in Redbridge and this will involve a 100 mile round trip! We have phoned the school and there is no school bus from Gantshill to Colchester (like there is for Chelmsford). Does anyone know of any other girls who travel to Colchester from the Redbridge Borough :?: :?:
Hello Redbridgemum, find myself in a similar position. Can you help me and share what you know?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now