AGGS question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manchestermum

AGGS question

Post by Manchestermum »

Hi all
I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a school bus for AGGS that picks up in Northenden (should we be lucky enough to get a place - got a pass but 4.7 miles out). I know a few girls from this area who are at AGGS but don't know their parents to ask).
Just trying to plan ahead before completing the CAF next week.
Thanks.
TraffordMum

Re: AGGS question

Post by TraffordMum »

I have no details but I am pretty sure that there is. Like you I am aware of quite a few girls who come in from the Northenden side.

I recall being asked this question before, and I think the poster eventually rang AGGS who were able to give them details of the relevant bus company. Might be worth a call?
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

Well, it's all getting a bity spicy on the forum today.

On another note, DD passed - Yahoo !

I am sorry for all those haven't but wish them good luck. I'm sure the parent's on this site will always do the best for their kids and I'm sure they will succeed wherever they go.

By the way has the wording on the letters changed this year? Someone told me there is more preferance to local children than in days gone by. Apparantly this is due to the new governers in place. I could be wrong though - feel free to correct me please.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Excellent news ManYou! Well done to dd!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Man MUm will give you details shortly, my son comes in via Northenden.
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

The 370 is not a school bus but goes through Northenden and up to Altrincham Bus Station. Then it's a 10 minute walk up the AGGS. My daughter gets this bus home to Didsbury if she has after school clubs/goes for frozen yoghurt! There are a couple of buses an hour I think.
Manchestermum

Post by Manchestermum »

Just wanted to bump this up the list! Tiddlymum - do you have any info as yet on this for me??
Much appreciated!
MM
Manchestermum

Post by Manchestermum »

(Not sure if bumping up the thread will work though... far too much going on the other threads at the mo!).
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I pm'd you last night on a different matter but the bus I would recommend is the public 370 as the Bus from didsbury doesn't go your way.

check the the tfgm website school section but I am pretty sure there isn't one from Northenden , could be wrong though!
Manchestermum

Post by Manchestermum »

Sorry Tiddlymum! Just opened my emails and see that you've PM'd me. Many thanks and will reply shortly...