Urmston Grammar results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hammy

Urmston Grammar results

Post by Hammy »

Heard a rumour (not particularly reliable as from a child in my son's class!) that UGS results were being posted today. Website says we will have by 20th, assumed they would be posted to tomorrow. Anyone heard anything different??
sezzyann

Re: Urmston Grammar results

Post by sezzyann »

Ooh I hope so. Does anyone know whether there is a better chance of getting into Urmston than AGGS. My daughter got 310 in AGGS so am thinking if that exam is standardised from the cohort and the others are standardised nationally then hopefully she has got a chance. Anyone got any thoughts?
bns

Post by bns »

sezzyann wrote:Ooh I hope so. Does anyone know whether there is a better chance of getting into Urmston than AGGS. My daughter got 310 in AGGS so am thinking if that exam is standardised from the cohort and the others are standardised nationally then hopefully she has got a chance. Anyone got any thoughts?
remember alty came first, your dd may not have preformed to her full potential simply due to nerves in that exam. Hopefully her true talent will show up in the urmston exam, and IMO urmston is is just as difficult , they all are :) its a big ask for any 10yr old.
MOLLYDANCERS

Post by MOLLYDANCERS »

Hello, I rang Urmston yesterday & they told me they did not know what day the letters were being posted out but we would definitely have them for Saturday 20th so I presume they will posted tomorrow 1st class in time for us getting them on Saturday. :shock:
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

My impression is that Urmston is easier to pass because of the different way they standardise.
I could be wrong though.
I think the pass mark was 353 last year, not sure about this year.
bns

Post by bns »

Elphaba wrote:My impression is that Urmston is easier to pass because of the different way they standardise.
I could be wrong though.
I think the pass mark was 353 last year, not sure about this year.
we need to ask TM , font of all knowledge ,related to all matters concerning 11+
My dd would have score over 400+ to have a chance :(
MOLLYDANCERS

Post by MOLLYDANCERS »

sezzyann wrote:Ooh I hope so. Does anyone know whether there is a better chance of getting into Urmston than AGGS. My daughter got 310 in AGGS so am thinking if that exam is standardised from the cohort and the others are standardised nationally then hopefully she has got a chance. Anyone got any thoughts?
To be honest I just don't know , it's all very confusing because the pass mark for the AGGS,ABGS & Sale Grammar is 334 but for Stretford & Urmston it is 355 which is quite a bit more? So maybe it's just as hard to pass because even though its standardised differently you have to get more marks to pass? Not sure if my way of thinking is correct, would appreciate anyone else's thoughts? :D
bns

Post by bns »

MOLLYDANCERS wrote:
To be honest I just don't know , it's all very confusing because the pass mark for the AGGS,ABGS & Sale Grammar is 334 but for Stretford & Urmston it is 355 which is quite a bit more? So maybe it's just as hard to pass because even though its standardised differently you have to get more marks to pass? Not sure if my way of thinking is correct, would appreciate anyone else's thoughts? :D
It don'st work that way, TM could explain it better then I could
MOLLYDANCERS

Post by MOLLYDANCERS »

BNS, well done to your daughter passing for AGGS, you should be fine, they were taking girls from Flixton last year which is over 5 miles as the crow flies!
Worriedparent2

Post by Worriedparent2 »

It is such a worrying time for us parents waiting for letters to come through, you can see by the level of interest in the forums. Wish we could be as calm as our children at times. :D All we can do is wait for the post person and keep fingers crossed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now