Kendrick score for Scotland

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GlasgowDad

Kendrick score for Scotland

Post by GlasgowDad »

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, we are in Scotland (Glasgow) right now and my DD gave Kendrick test on 1st Oct ... hoping she gets in.

Any idea what would be good score to make her getting into Kendrick probable.

Thanks in advance
Reading Mum

Re: Kendrick score for Scotland

Post by Reading Mum »

are you intending to move before the allocation date or are you entering as outside the designated area?
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Last year was very unusual for Kendrick in that all candidates scoring 109 and above got a place. This year there were more candidates taking the test and if you read on this forum, a lot of parents have said their Dds found the exam easy meaning the overall pass mark will be higher as you are ranked against the cohort, not the paper.

With the new DA in place, the 96 highest scoring candidates within the DA will secure the places, if there are any places still remaining, they will then offer places to the highest scoring candidates outside of the DA.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

GlasgowDad wrote:Hi all,

I am new to this forum, we are in Scotland (Glasgow) right now and my DD gave Kendrick test on 1st Oct ... hoping she gets in.

Any idea what would be good score to make her getting into Kendrick probable.

Thanks in advance
Hi and welcome :)

I think our daughters have met! As mine mentioned a girl from Glasgow in her room on exam day.

Current thinking is that about 650 girls registered for the test, so if we take that as the number that sat the test for ranking purposes then a standardised score of 115 would put you in top 104 for 96 places.

score 114 would rank 117 which should be ok as offers went to 120 by 1st March last year.

This year is a bit different as exam was early so more seem to have given it a go and it is the first year with a designated area so girls to the east of Sloiugh towards London can not commute but will have to move to accept places?

All of the above is best guesstimate and carries a big health warning.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

We knew you were coming to this forum before you arrived. :lol:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 78#p327278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down, third post from bottom. :mrgreen:
GlasgowDad

Post by GlasgowDad »

Thanks for all the reply.

I am hoping DD scores high enough ( tough don't know how high is high :roll: ) so we can pack bags and move to Reading.
GlasgowDad

Post by GlasgowDad »

Reading Mum wrote:are you intending to move before the allocation date or are you entering as outside the designated area?

certainly intending to move, depends on DD score as well ... is there a date before allocation if I move and DD will be considered in the DA?
GlasgowDad

Post by GlasgowDad »

stevew61 wrote:We knew you were coming to this forum before you arrived. :lol:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 78#p327278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down, third post from bottom. :mrgreen:
Thx and DD did mention she had a nice warm welcome :). I am already sold for Reading ... we stayed on for an extra day and had a wee walk about, met property agents to check on areas and rents.

Now it all rests on DD's performance :?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

The admission details don't mention a date so it would be best to contact the school and ask for advice. All it says is that it must be your permanent home address and evidence will be required to prove this - I guess you must be in place by 1st March but no idea how long before that.
37+ Dad

Post by 37+ Dad »

GlasgowDad wrote:
Reading Mum wrote:are you intending to move before the allocation date or are you entering as outside the designated area?

certainly intending to move, depends on DD score as well ... is there a date before allocation if I move and DD will be considered in the DA?
Yes, you need to be living in the catchment by 31st of January.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now