13+ exams in Buckinghamshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sharma

13+ exams in Buckinghamshire

Post by sharma »

Hi,

I am a tutor and I have a couple of children who need 13+ tuition. I have approached the Bucks council and have been told to approach the schools directly. I have been advised that each school set their own exam. Has anybody got any information as an example to go by.

Many thanks.[/b]
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Sharma

I feel sure from your post that you mean the Bucks Grammar School 13+ exam? If it is, you have been misinformed.

The 13+ is administered centrally by Bucks Admissions, and is the same format (NFER) as the 11+ and 12+. The 12+ and 13+ are a few more questions in slightly less time than for the 11+.

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

Is this true of the two (?) foundation schools? (Beaconsfield High School and Royal Grammar School)

Y
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I believe they still use the Bucks central test in the first instance.

However, at each stage (11+, 12+ and 13+) if there are still vacant places after the allocation and appeals, they can invite children to take their own entrance test.

Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear ALL

To enter any Bucks Grammar school in year 7 its the normal 11 plus route via Bucks CC. Very rarely a child can be considered for the late transfer while in year 7 and move to the grammar in year 7 [ exceptional circumstances]

To enter all grammar schools, EXCEPT the 2 foundation schools, in years 8 and 9 its again via County [ late transfer test ]

To enter the 2 foundation schools during 8 - 11 its the schools own tests, normally cross curricular.

To enter All grammar schools years 10 - 11 its the schools own tests.

So, Sharma, which schools are your pupils looking for?

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you Patricia - I stand corrected! 8)

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Places are VERY hard to come by at 13+ as 'gaps' have been filled by 12+ successes - any pupil achieving the 121+ would probably need to appeal. If no place can be found they would need to sit curriculum tests for Year 10 entry IF there are places!!

Re: 13+ exams in Buckinghamshire

Post by Guest »

sharma wrote:Hi,

I am a tutor and I have a couple of children who need 13+ tuition. I have approached the Bucks council and have been told to approach the schools directly. I have been advised that each school set their own exam. Has anybody got any information as an example to go by.

Many thanks.[/b]
If you're a tutor, shouldn't you be a little more familiar with what you're preparing your pupils for?

Re: 13+ exams in Buckinghamshire

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote: If you're a tutor, shouldn't you be a little more familiar with what you're preparing your pupils for?
Don't we all have to start somewhere?

Y

Post by Guest »

Absolutely. But if I was paying someone else to tutor my child I'd expect them to be familiar with the system.