Confused seeking guidance.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thetford

Confused seeking guidance.

Post by thetford »

My daughter got rank 204 of QMHS and a score of 204 in Bham. She is disappointed and so, (secretly) are we. Hers, ours and most of all her tutor's expectations were much higher because of her performances in the non-exam setting were consistently so much higher. How hopeful should we be of QMHS or should we make an all out effort for KEHS. Is that realistic with her scores and only 3/1/2 months to go? For Wghs she is on position 158 but that seems v impractical from Sutton even if she were to be offered a place. is qm fairly safe?
josh sen

Re: Confused seeking guidance.

Post by josh sen »

There is a DC I know of who ranked near to 150 on HBG but scored 270 on KE .Someone on here mentioned a DC who got into HBG top ten but scored less than 200 on KE .They are just 10/11 ,next time they will be facing something as critical they will be more mature with the chance of resits .
As for schools,it won't harm to give hope a go .
Remember KE said the chance of anyone under 200 getting in is unlikely,that could be an hint.. :)
bunhs

Post by bunhs »

guessing you've considered Sutton?
um

Post by um »

The QMHS place would appear to be very safe. The Birmingham consortium score would be too low for Sutton unless there was a significant drop in last entry score this year. You could still put Sutton as first choice and that would not harm your chance of QMHS if it were second choice.
GuidingStar

Post by GuidingStar »

If I were in your position, I would complete the caf form like this:

1. KE Handsworth (uncertain but worth having a go)
2. Sutton (uncertain but having a go)
3. QMHS (very likely but not fully certain)
4. Local school

If WHGS is within 1 hr travel time from where you live, then I would not totally rule it out, but rank it in no 4, before the local school, as its a very good school and wld be worth it.

I would completely forget abt it once submitted the form, and would concentrate fully on KEHS.

I know someone 2 yrs ago who was unsuccesful in Bham consortium, but got a full bursary place at KE.

Best luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now