Skinners

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
OOCmum

Skinners

Post by OOCmum »

Does anyone have a guide/idea about what this years Skinners score will be, 414 last year.... not sure how much it will rise by?
anotherworriedmum

Re: Skinners

Post by anotherworriedmum »

I called them yesterday. Last year at 1st March they took to 414 however some people turned it down :shock: and by September they had offered to 411 BUT not everyone with 411 got a place, it depends on where you live. She thought that someone with 415/6 should stand a reasonable chance this year but no guarantees as they were not really sure of the impact of the change in 420 to 421/2/3.

Hope that helps
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

That is wonderful AWM, we've got hope!!!!
lurker

Post by lurker »

I am wondering whether the new sports facilities being open now might push the scores up too?
anotherworriedmum

OOCmum wrote:That is wonderful AWM, we've got hope!!!!
Yes fingers crossed :D
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

anotherworriedmum wrote:I called them yesterday. Last year at 1st March they took to 414 however some people turned it down :shock: and by September they had offered to 411 BUT not everyone with 411 got a place, it depends on where you live. She thought that someone with 415/6 should stand a reasonable chance this year but no guarantees as they were not really sure of the impact of the change in 420 to 421/2/3.

Hope that helps
The change to 423 will make absolutely no difference. All it it does is distinguish between the lower few of those previously scoring 420 and above.

As far as I am aware, results have always been standardised to 141, Kent simply rounding all the very high scorers down to 140 for neatness. I can only assume they have returned to 141 this year just in case Judd is oversubscribed with 420 scorers.

What it does show, is that many school staff do not know how the standardisation process works, and you have to be wary of what you are told.
anotherworriedmum

Thanks DOK; The statistician in my life keep telling me that too so I know you are right, its just difficult when you hear it from someone who is meant to know better!
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Just a word of caution, doesn't mean the entry mark won't go up. It may do. But it won't be because of the new marking system.

Wouldn't worry about it now. If Skinners is your first choice, and your DS got low 400's or above (around 405 would have got in most years before last year), stick it on your CAF form. I doubt the entry score will be much lower than last year, but you cant do anything about that until March.