Torbay "guidance letters"

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Devonian21

Torbay "guidance letters"

Post by Devonian21 »

I have been anxiously waiting for my son's "guidance" letter. Got a yes, yes, yes so I presume that means Yes? although I am not exactly sure what it means as it could be borderzone? Has anyone else got any feedback?
Last edited by Devonian21 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
pmg

Re: Torbay "guidance letters"

Post by pmg »

Well done to your son. Still waiting for ours but the only certainty seems to be with those who get No, No, No. Assuming its the standard letter and there is no score information, nobody will know if they met the qualifying score for admission or are on the waiting list of however many they choose to add in as a contingency at each school. Hope I'm wrong but at least a Yes means we still have a chance!
Devonian21

Post by Devonian21 »

Thank you! It's an anxious wait for sure. The letter I have is from TBGS where he sat the test and is the format of the Churston website letter with no score or further info. Like you say any 'yes' could mean borderzone but I guess it is the best that can be hoped for in these 'guidance' letters.
Last edited by Devonian21 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
devonmum

Post by devonmum »

We have a yes, yes, yes too which I was hugely pleased to see - but the reality is we still don't know if he's in! :?
Devonian21

Post by Devonian21 »

Well done to your son! It still leaves you feeling unsure doesn't it, but at least we got 3 yes's :o)
devonmum

Post by devonmum »

Ours was from Churston and there is no reply slip asking if we intend to apply for a place, unlike the Torquay one then. March is such a long way off!
Devonian21

Post by Devonian21 »

Is your son hoping to go to Churston? It is very confusing isn't it.
devonmum

Post by devonmum »

Yes he sat test at, and wants to go to Churston. Obviously need to celebrate getting the 3 yes's but then come March would be awful to find didn't get in :shock:
Devonian21

Post by Devonian21 »

If he has a yes for all three surely he must have got in to Churston, but I know what you mean about the worry of thinking he's in and then the 1st March saying different. Hard to know what to say to your son isn't it.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Just got ours from TGGS and chuffed for her as she got 3 yes's. Wife phoned with results but there doesn't seem to be any reply slip request from TGGS on letter. I suppose I would rather have the little bit of uncertainty than knowing it was a straight or 1st choice "No".