Tiffin results out today Anyone know if 215 is good or bad?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
theresaman

Tiffin results out today Anyone know if 215 is good or bad?

Post by theresaman »

question to all parents ... my friend's son got his results back from Tiffin today. He scored a total score of 215 from VB n NV... it said the min is 140 and max is 280. So what is his chances of getting in with that mark? is it worth her putting Tiffin down on the CAF? Also what is the cut off mark to even qualifed ? the letter was really confusing!

Thank u in advance for anyone replying to this thread
suzanne

Re: Tiffin results out today Anyone know if 215 is good or b

Post by suzanne »

Last year the cut off was 229 so 215 might not be enough based on previous years and the increasing number of candidates applying. Sorry.
theresaman

Post by theresaman »

suzanne wrote:Last year the cut off was 229 so 215 might not be enough based on previous years and the increasing number of candidates applying. Sorry.
Thank u Suzanne for your quick reply .. at least she knows now.. in a way he didnt get in .. cause the letter didnt really explain much lol
tumpa

Post by tumpa »

My DS got 229, and I have had comments that it might not be enough... the cut-off (post wating list) has been apparently b/w 223-229 as per letter....
This year exams were earlier so not sure if that would have any impact in cu-off or the fact that results are pubished before CAF date...
Good luck
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Hi tumpa,

It's all guess work for everyone at the moment, but I think the general feeling is that as 100 or so more boys sat the exam this year (compared to last) - and that's just accounting for the first sitting and not the late sitting in November - that the cut off mark is likely to be higher than last year.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet though, 229 is a really good score and even if it's not enough on allocation day, your DS may still be in with a chance on the waiting list :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I'll move this thread to Surrey as Tiffin is a state school, not an indie
theresaman

Post by theresaman »

thank you all for your replies
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now