Urmston catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sezzyann

Urmston catchment

Post by sezzyann »

Hi
DD passed Urmston and we are really pleased but wondering what chances are from Sale approx 3 miles ish as crow flies.Any thoughts on previous years. Seems to be m31 and m41 then others.We are m33.
sezzyann

Re: Urmston catchment

Post by sezzyann »

Anyone with DDs at Urmston know if Sale kids have a chance?
me boo

Post by me boo »

I would think you had a good chance from there. However, it really depends on how many in catchment children passed the exam & take up the offer of a place. I know that for the past 2 years the catchment has extended way beyond Sale, but I don't have information prior to that time

Maybe school can give you the info. Ask them what the furthest distance has been for the padt five years? It will not give you the answer for this year, but will give you a figure to 'guestimate' from.
gatleymum

Post by gatleymum »

I believe someone from our school in Gatley got in last year. (Further out than Sale)
sezzyann

Post by sezzyann »

Thanks for your replies .Not passed Sale so hope they take us at Urmston
sezzyann

Post by sezzyann »

I am still obsessing over distance Urmson take children from to the point where I've been counting all schools nearer than us etc. Rang school this morning and the admissions woman was on the phone but office told me they have kids as far away as Warrington.
agsbmad

Post by agsbmad »

Sezzyann, the best way to evaluate your chances Is to check if you are living in the catchment area. If you are out of area, your DC needs a higher mark, around 402 to 409. The distance does not matter as long as the score is in the top 20.
mums

Post by mums »

Hi Sezzyann

It's true that the top 20 scorers get a place at Urmston regardless of where they live. However the vast majority of children who get a place are allocated on as the crow flies distance. The last couple of years the distance has gone quite a long way out as you were told by the office staff at Urmston. Have a look at the thread "Urmston Grammar results" - page 8.

Hope this helps put your mind at rest.

Best wishes.
ugsmum

Post by ugsmum »

Hi

I have children in year 7 and 11 at UGS and live in Sale. When we applied for the elder child we were advised that they usually went up to 7 miles (that was under the old 11+). Since they have set their own exam the pass rate from the local primaries seems to have fallen and more places have gone outside M41. There are children from over 50 primaries in year 7 ( only 128 places).
A colleague in Whitefield has a child in current year 7. I think you should be OK in Sale
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now