Slough Consortium results n choices

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tensedmum

Slough Consortium results n choices

Post by tensedmum »

Hi,

Got DC results for Slough this morning in post. DC got 117. What are the chances of getting into Langley or Herschel?

Also on a different note, which school would be a better option considering Herschel did better in league tables this year than Langley. Please advise.

Thanks
drummer

Re: Slough Consortium results n choices

Post by drummer »

snap

and what a dumb letter "We hope this information will help you make an informed choice..." Well no, it doesn't.
nc1

Post by nc1 »

totally agree
my ds got 112 for slough exam
now were ore confused than ever
anyone got this score last year .
If so did they end up a slough grammar school place
Bestichka

Post by Bestichka »

Are the scores your DCs got what they call in the letter "average score"? Or is it aggregate for both vr and nvr? I found the letter very confusing...
SloughDad

Post by SloughDad »

Ds got an average score of 110.
Does this rule him out completely of any chance of a place at a slough consortium grammar school?
nc1

Post by nc1 »

My ds score was the average for both vr 109 nvr 115
average 112
rashminder12

Post by rashminder12 »

Which sch. You are thinking to put as first, second and third choice? Do you live in the catchment of any slough schools. This can effect your DS admission as well along with score.
SloughDad

Post by SloughDad »

rashminder12 wrote:Which sch. You are thinking to put as first, second and third choice? Do you live in the catchment of any slough schools. This can effect your DS admission as well along with score.
We live in Langley and DS elder sibling attends Langley grammar school. We hoped he would have done better but now with a score of 110 are very confused.
rashminder12

Post by rashminder12 »

Does anybody knows that how many pupils sat for 11+ exam in slough this year?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Historically St Bernard's have always taken anyone with the qualifying 111 and upwards, whereas the others have had higher cut off scores.

In previous years though people have not known their scores till after the CAF has to be in. I think that might cause a difference this year, though I couldn't be sure. I imagine many people who might not have considered St B's in the past may put it down as 1st choice (especially as it compares very favourably with the others in terms of GCSE and A Levels despite the lower score usually required) when they know their score to be in the range of 111-116 or 117 say. ( I don't know off the top of my head what the lowest scores for the others were in previous years).

I'm sorry to hear of the 110 score, SloughDad - I'm afraid the only option is to put your GS choice 1st on the form and make an appeal after the 1st of March when you are officially refused a place. Make sure though you put your preferred back up as 2nd, otherwise you might not get allocated that school.

ETA - have a read at the first sticky on this forum http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=9313-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; historical data on offers. It has some information on prior years cut off. Also harrow has mentioned 3000 sitting the exam this year :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now