so so happy...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mordenmum

so so happy...

Post by mordenmum »

it's all over!!! We have the results, DS got neither Sutton, Wilson or Wallington. We'll spend a few days nursing our wounds, but i am so happy this whole thing is now behind us.
Let's hope my daughter isn't academic...i can't face the same hassle in5 years time for the girls school!!!!
ThreeKids

Re: so so happy...

Post by ThreeKids »

There is for sure a sense of relief. We were where you are last year with DD. It was a smidge disappointing in the end. As she says it would have been nice to have passed one and then not got in, but I can honestly say that I am way happier now with what we have done than I would have been had she got in. The selectives would not have been the right place for her, and that became more and more obvious as the period of preparation went by. Trouble is that once you are on that particular journey it's very difficult to call time and not even do the tests, which may have been the better way forward. However she got useful experience and we learnt more about her strengths and weaknesses. There is a a period of readjustment, but I am excited for her future now in a way that I realise I wasn't before. Before I was worried that she might just scrape in and deep down concerned that might not serve her well. All things happen for good reason.
London_Mum

Re: so so happy...

Post by London_Mum »

I don't know Threekids - I think it is better to know the outcome now if it is a negative rather than get to March and receive no grammar school offers despite passing one or more of the tests. Five months is a long time to hold onto a dream if it isn't destined to come to anything and, regardless of the fact parents are drilled to understand that a pass doesn't guarantee an offer, it is very hard not to imagine that it will.
Well done to your son mordenmum and I am glad you are moving on.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now