Kendrick & Reading 2012 Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bewildered

Kendrick & Reading 2012 Results

Post by Bewildered »

Hi Folks!

Not too long now. :D

Thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread where all results for Kendrick & Reading 2012
could be kept in one place, filled with our usual polite and sensitive comments. :D

Over to you....

BW
Kendrick mum

Re: Kendrick & Reading 2012 Results

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi BW good idea

Just wondered am I right in thinking that Reading School are only going to give an indication of pass or fail ie
your son is assessed as suitable or not for admission. There will be no scores as over-subscription criteria will only be applied when application is received on the LA form.

So folks most of us will really be non the wiser :!:

Kendrick mum
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

BW top idea, wish I'd thought of that. :wink:

Kendrick will give a standardised score which if we know the number of candidates, current best estimate 650 were registered, then we can guesstimate rankings with a big health warning.

Reading School not sure what they are doing but hope for similar.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Results
Reading School will post results of tests to parents on 23 October 2012. If your son is assessed as suitable for admission to
Reading School, you may wish to list Reading School as one of your preferences on your Common Application Form. However
being assessed as suitable for Reading School will not guarantee that your son will be offered a place as it is extremely likely
that more boys will qualify for places than the School can accommodate. In this case we will apply our oversubscription criteria
as listed above.
http://www.reading-school.co.uk/uploads ... 3-14_1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh dear that doesn't look helpful.
RG7mum

Post by RG7mum »

I emailed Reading School whether the test results that are sent out on 23rd October would provide a score or simply a suitable/not suitable for admission.

They confirmed the letter will state the results.
Kendrick mum

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi RG7mum,
Thank you for that I have tried ringing three times but have been unable to talk to anybody in admissions.
So there will be a score and we may get a better indication. well that is something. Not too long to wait :)
pndt.snl

Post by pndt.snl »

Good Luck :) !!!
Last edited by pndt.snl on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Just seen this on Kendrick website.............

Kendrick School
Admission to Year 7 in September 2013
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Admission Test Results
IMPORTANT: The school is unable to give any further information about test results other
than the individual test scores you have received in your letter.
Q I have not yet received my letter from Kendrick School
A The letters were posted on Monday 22nd October 2012 by first class post. If you have not received your letter
by Thursday 25th October, please contact the school.
Q Can I see my daughter’s test papers?
A There is an opportunity for parents of candidates to look at their daughter’s test papers. This is to be
reassured that the papers have been marked and correctly totalled. It is not possible to discuss right and
wrong answers or to take notes on questions. It will not be possible to make arrangements to view the papers
before the CAF is submitted by 31st October 2012, but if you would like to see your daughter’s paper after this
time, please telephone Reception on 0118 9015859 to express your interest in attending a session. The
deadline for booking a place is 5pm Friday 9th November 2012.
Q Can papers be remarked?
A The papers have already been marked twice by an independent organisation, NFER. However, if you do wish
the paper to be remarked then this can be done at cost to yourself of approximately £400 (for two papers).
Payment would be required before the papers are remarked.
Q When will I know if I have been offered a place at Kendrick School?
A The National Offer date is 1st March 2013.
Q Where is my daughter’s place in the rank order?
A The purpose of conducting the tests and releasing the marks before the CAF deadline is to inform parents
whether their daughter has reached a standard suitable for a grammar school. You are advised to use this
information to help you to decide whether to include Kendrick School as a preferred school on the CAF. At this
stage, rank order can give no guidance to the likelihood of the offer of a place, since preferences have not
been made.
Q My daughter has scored 109.0 or above. Will she be offered a place?
A She has reached a standard suitable for a grammar school and therefore could be offered a place. This
depends on:
Including Kendrick as a preferred school on your CAF
The number of candidates with a scores on or above 109.0 who put Kendrick School on their CAF
The resulting rank order adjusted for those living within the designated area
The application, if required, of the oversubscription criteria.
Q I live outside the designated area and my daughter has scored 109.0 or above. What is the likelihood of her
being offered a place?
A Please see above.
Q Can I appeal?
A You cannot appeal about your daughter’s test mark. Your offer letter from your Local Authority on 1st March
2013 will contain details of how to appeal if you have not been offered a place at your preferred school.
Q I currently live outside the designated area. If I am moving into the designated area, what is the process for
changing my address?
A Applicants living outside the designated area who move into the area must inform their home LA of the change
of address or, if moving to a new LA, must apply to the new LA. IMPORTANT – you should check with your LA
the deadline for informing them of a change of address. For Reading Borough Council the date is 31st January
2013. You must also inform Kendrick School in writing of your change of address by this date (31st January
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

.....and forgot to say Good Luck to everyone for tomorrow/Wednesday :)
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

£400 for a remark ?

They are having a laugh. That is absolutely shocking, and possibly profiteering from people's misery.

No happy people will be getting their papers remarked, I'm sure.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now