2013 takers!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jini

2013 takers!

Post by Jini »

Is there a thread yet for those of us having DCs taking exam next year? If not can we start one. Will be good to start giving each other support...My DD and DS are two years apart in age so I will be lurking in here for a very long time :wink:

DD will take hers in 2013 and DS 2015 ...Let the journey begin!

For the 2012 takers...Good luck with everything whatever the results were...Just be proud of all your DCs because I am sure they worked really hard.
dottie1974

Re: 2013 takers!

Post by dottie1974 »

I'm sure there must be some 2013 lurkers about, maybe now a thread has been started they will appear! :lol:

The 2012 takers thread was hugely supportive and I am sure most of us will still be 'hanging around' and can help where we can with any questions.

In some ways it seems such a long time ago that we started on the 11+ journey, and in some ways it only feels like yesterday.

Be warned, the process is an emotional rollercoaster. Sit back, hold tight and enjoy the ride :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jini

Post by Jini »

I've been lurking long enough here to know it is not going to be an easy ride :lol:
I've shed a few tears here reading some of the post especially on result day. I'm a bit of a big emotional cry baby :cry: but got to do it for the DCs.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Good luck to all of you - next September will come quicker than you think!
penguin

Post by penguin »

yes all too soon - but do take time to enjoy all the holidays
lurker

Post by lurker »

I am here, third and last time for me.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

I would urge you to consider the Medway test if possible. Rochester Grammar (girls) and Rainham Mark (mixed) take on score NOT distance. Also Chatham boys and girls often have spaces. There are direct buses to Rochester, Rainham and Chatham boys from Maidstone and other areas. See here:

http://www.11-19travel.info/site.aspx?siteId=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.11-19travel.info/site.aspx?siteId=37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.11-19travel.info/site.aspx?siteId=28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.11-19travel.info/site.aspx?siteId=29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This has meant that my DD who missed the Kent test by 5 points now will have a place an amazing grammar school. I only applied to do the Medway test the day before the closing date on a whim. Thank goodness I did. The school never mentioned the test to me but I read about it on here :D

Good luck all. I hope you become as supportive to each other as we have this year.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Also don't forget that if you want to sit the St Olave's test you have to register for that separately as it is NOT covered by your 11+ registration. For those of you who've sat the St O's test before please be warned that registration is now earlier than it used to be - I got caught out this year as it was in the summer and previously I had registered DS1 in the autumn.
METINSOLO

Post by METINSOLO »

Hello everyone i have been lurking for a very long time. This forum is filled with caring and supportive people and i want to be part of. I have a DS taking the exam next year however i have been through this ride before in 2010 with my DD and foolishly i thought it will be best for her to take only the Bexley test as we live in Bexley only for her to miss out by 1 mark we did all the appeals but unsuccessful. However we were lucky then as one of the Kent grammar had places and she sat the test and passed with very high score and now thriving there. I agree with Monstermum, after that experience i vow never again to put all my eggs in one basket. My DS will be taking Kent, Bexley and St Olaves. I was considering Medway however i feel the distance to the Medway schools might be too difficult but will see how it goes until the time to complete the forms. I know everyone in this forum are very helpful and supportive and i am hoping parents like dottie1974, NKM, penguin, monstermum, doodles and others who have gone through this process might share their ideas on the various materials they used and the best way to forward with our DCs. I am not sure if i am ready for this ride as i sense it is going to be a bumpy ride but i know i will not be alone.

P.S: doodles i wonder if you would mind sharing with me the materials you find helpful for St Olaves. Thank you
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Welcome Metinsolo,

This is a lovely supportive place and has really helped me! I'm glad your DD is doing well. I'm sure that will be my DD next year at RGS :D I have younger children and thought I'd put them in for all the 11+ exams in the South East!! There is a sticky at the top with examples of books to use.

Good luck on the bumpy road to come......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now